Integration of the Doomstead with Dogchat is under construction.

Main Menu

Dealing with the knowledge that the planet is doomed.

Started by Vegematic Deluxe, Apr 04, 2023, 04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vegematic Deluxe

More and more people are beginning to accept the fact that we have passed the point of no return. This may create alternating feelings that vary between despair and stoic acceptance. This is my latest video and my introduction.

FarmGirl

Quote from: Vegematic Deluxe on Apr 04, 2023, 04:42 PMattach id=5]HbsjMcC2ycs[1][/attach   

What was this link supposed to do? Doesn't look like a URL.  It opens up a windowto do a download of some sort. Is this some type of virus delivery system?

K-Dog

Quote from: FarmGirl on Apr 04, 2023, 04:44 PM
Quote from: Vegematic Deluxe on Apr 04, 2023, 04:42 PMattach id=5]HbsjMcC2ycs[1][/attach   

What was this link supposed to do? Doesn't look like a URL.  It opens up a windowto do a download of some sort. Is this some type of virus delivery system?

No Veg just fucked up his cut and paste.  Veg has a You-Tube channel and he was posting his most recent video.  I watched it.  It is pretty good.  I also fixed the link so everyone else can see the video.  It did not look like a URL because it was only the business end that locates a tube in the you-Tube file system.

FarmGirl

Quote from: K-Dog on Apr 04, 2023, 05:43 PM
Quote from: FarmGirl on Apr 04, 2023, 04:44 PM

No Veg just fucked up his cut and paste.  Veg has a You-Tube channel and he was posting his most recent video.  I watched it.  It is pretty good. 

I like his attitude!! End times, party on! I like his take on ignoring the Trump dumpster fire, and noting that it won't be going away even if we wish it would. I'll bet if the MAGA crowd finds his Tube channel they'll be unhappy.

He does seem to indicate though, when bashing politicians and actors and whatnot, that folks are all like the same amount of smarts. Yeah, I don't think that is quite right, some folks are smarter or dumber than average. It was okaay overall in terms of a reasonable diatribe.   

ed_from

Without Trump the right would formed armed militias and take back the country. Trump provides a valuable service to the WEF.

ed_from

First, the planet is not doomed. Humans may be doomed. I myself think some humans will make it through. It is the current industrial society that is doomed, and yes, 99% of the human population.

There is no point in worrying as there is no solution to the problem of over population and overshoot. Just grab the popcorn and enjoy the show.

K-Dog

Quote from: ed_from on Apr 05, 2023, 11:59 AMFirst, the planet is not doomed. Humans may be doomed. I myself think some humans will make it through. It is the current industrial society that is doomed, and yes, 99% of the human population.

There is no point in worrying as there is no solution to the problem of over population and overshoot. Just grab the popcorn and enjoy the show.

RE

Quote from: ed_from on Apr 05, 2023, 11:42 AMWithout Trump the right would formed armed militias and take back the country. Trump provides a valuable service to the WEF.

Take it back?  From who?  The same folks have owned Turtle Island since it was expropriated from the aboriginals more than 500 years ago.

RE

ed_from

From DAs controlled by the Chinese, from Universities controlled by the Chinese, from courts controlled by the Chinese, the media and tech controlled by the Chinese, politicians controlled by the Chinese.

RE

Quote from: ed_from on Apr 05, 2023, 06:54 PMFrom DAs controlled by the Chinese, from Universities controlled by the Chinese, from courts controlled by the Chinese, the media and tech controlled by the Chinese, politicians controlled by the Chinese.

The Chinese are owned by the same folks who own Turtle Island.   You are just swapping window dressing.

RE

ed_from

I agree the CCP is controlled by the houses of extreme wealth of Europe.

Help me out what is Turtle Island?

ed_from

Google home assistant explained Turtle Island to me, I am all set. Being 1/8 native I am looking forward to a big reparations pay check.

FarmGirl

Quote from: Ed_from
Quote from: REArmed militias were around beforeFrom DAs controlled by the Chinese, from Universities controlled by the Chinese, from courts controlled by the Chinese, the media and tech controlled by the Chinese, politicians controlled by the Chinese.

So the Chinese control America? How did you come up with that one?

K-Dog

Quote from: RE on Apr 05, 2023, 06:10 PM
Quote from: ed_from on Apr 05, 2023, 11:42 AMWithout Trump the right would formed armed militias and take back the country. Trump provides a valuable service to the WEF.

Take it back?  From who?  The same folks have owned Turtle Island since it was expropriated from the aboriginals more than 500 years ago.

RE

Which means that the same folks have ruled since the beginning of time.  A bombastic claim justified by the aboriginals having kept land as common property.  Before the 'same folks' arrived with their pigs 500 years ago, there was no private ownership.  In a sense private ownership began time.

K-Dog

Quote from: ed_from on Apr 06, 2023, 09:59 AMGoogle home assistant explained Turtle Island to me, I am all set. Being 1/8 native I am looking forward to a big reparations pay check.

Yes, artificial intelligence can have benefits.  It might also tell you waiting for a reparations check might not be a good idea.  Let's see what chatGPT says.

Q: I am one-eighth native.  Is waiting for a reparations check a good idea?

QuoteA: Reparations for indigenous peoples can take many forms, and the decision of whether to wait for a check or pursue other avenues for reparations is a personal one. It's important to note that reparations are a complex issue that involve historical, political, and social considerations, and there is no one-size-fits-all solution.

That being said, it's worth considering that the likelihood of receiving a reparations check in the near future may be uncertain. While there have been calls for reparations for indigenous peoples in many countries, including the United States and Canada, progress towards implementation has been slow.

It may be worth exploring other ways to advocate for indigenous rights and seek reparations. This could involve supporting indigenous-led organizations and movements, engaging in political activism, and educating oneself and others about indigenous history and issues.

Ultimately, the decision of whether to wait for a reparations check or pursue other avenues is a personal one that depends on individual circumstances and values. It's important to approach this issue with sensitivity and awareness of the complexities involved.

Artificial for sure.  Intelligent, not so much.