Integration of the Doomstead with Dogchat is under construction.

Main Menu

Wall Street Pigman found dead in Newtown Creek

Started by moniker, Aug 04, 2023, 08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moniker

An opportune moment has arrived for posting on the new website. I recently became fascinated by the English Kills section of Newtown Creek after reading about the Wall Street analyst who fell in and was found dead. It's not clear whether he died before or after immersion, but spending any amount of time in there would likely be fatal.

After finding the following link, I just had to bring it to your attention RE,

http://www.newyorkshitty.com/tag/english-kills

K-Dog

The 27 year old man was likely mugged and dumped in the water. IMHO.  Death from water poisoning would have taken a while.

At that age I did a lot of risky things.  Walking in dangerous places was one of them.  I was lucky.

moniker

I agree he was likely mugged, but we are not talking solely about Newtown Creek here but the English Kills section, like the ninth circle of the inferno. This section has an ecology all of its own since sewage from the surrounding area flows directly from an open sewer pipe into it during rainstorms. We're not talking about what's pumped in from lower Manhattan. The guy in the video appears to be swimming around circle 5 or so.

You cannot view this attachment.

Also of interest, mass murderer Joel Rifkin would dump bodies  into the creek when he was active in the last century. He was from the south shore of Nassau County like the Gilgo Beach killer.

RE

Quote from: moniker on Aug 04, 2023, 08:16 AMAn opportune moment has arrived for posting on the new website. I recently became fascinated by the English Kills section of Newtown Creek after reading about the Wall Street analyst who fell in and was found dead. It's not clear whether he died before or after immersion, but spending any amount of time in there would likely be fatal.

Why did you post it in the Homeless thread?

RE

moniker

Quote from: RE on Aug 04, 2023, 11:51 PM
Quote from: moniker on Aug 04, 2023, 08:16 AMAn opportune moment has arrived for posting on the new website. I recently became fascinated by the English Kills section of Newtown Creek after reading about the Wall Street analyst who fell in and was found dead. It's not clear whether he died before or after immersion, but spending any amount of time in there would likely be fatal.

RE

Sorry, I could not find a more appropriate thread, and homelessness and cities are related. I can move it if you like.

RE

Quote from: moniker on Aug 05, 2023, 05:38 AM
Quote from: RE on Aug 04, 2023, 11:51 PM

RE

Sorry, I could not find a more appropriate thread, and homelessness and cities are related. I can move it if you like.

When you can't find an appropriate thread for a post, just start a new one.  I'll split this tangent off to a thread of its own.

RE

RE

moniker

Quote from: RE on Aug 05, 2023, 08:37 AMWhen you can't find an appropriate thread for a post, just start a new one.  I'll split this tangent off to a thread of its own.

RE

How do I create a new thread?

moniker

Quote from: RE on Aug 05, 2023, 08:43 AMTopic split to its own thread.

RE

Thanks RE! But the title you chose for the thread seems a bit harsh.

RE

Quote from: moniker on Aug 06, 2023, 05:47 AM

RE

That would be the reason you want to start threads yourself.  You get to pick the title. lol.

Starting a topic is EZ.  Just pick the board you want to put it on, then click the Start Topic button.

RE

moniker

Quote from: RE on Aug 06, 2023, 01:19 PM
Quote from: moniker on Aug 06, 2023, 05:47 AM

RE

That would be the reason you want to start threads yourself.  You get to pick the title. lol.

Starting a topic is EZ.  Just pick the board you want to put it on, then click the Start Topic button.

RE
Found it! Thanks. It looks like 30 graduate credits in CS have been wasted. Lol

moniker

Quote from: RE on Aug 06, 2023, 01:19 PMThat would be the reason you want to start threads yourself.  You get to pick the title. lol.

RE
Found it! Thanks. It looks like 30 graduate credits in CS have not been wasted after all. Lol

K-Dog

I know one or two things about CS, and I have just as much trouble logging onto stuff as anyone else.
Forgotten passwords and such.  Let us know if you can't start a topic.

moniker

Quote from: K-Dog on Aug 07, 2023, 10:37 AMI know one or two things about CS, and I have just as much trouble logging onto stuff as anyone else.
Forgotten passwords and such.  Let us know if you can't start a topic.

Thanks K-Dog! The way things are going I may need it.

K-Dog

This is a Vimeo video.

I used the new embed button.  Vimeo, You Tube, and local hosting is what works so far.