Read RE's blog at Global Collapse 

Main Menu

Conventional Oil 101

Started by K-Dog, Feb 13, 2024, 02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RE

Quote from: TDoS on Apr 18, 2024, 04:23 PM"As I said last year, I expect that by the end of 2006 we will be in the teeth of a ferocious net oil export crisis." Jeff Brown - April 5, 2006, 1:49PM.

Doesn't mean the analogy is accurate.  Just means his timeline is off.  2+2=5 is time independent, it's not one of the variables.

RE

K-Dog

Quote from: RE on Apr 18, 2024, 04:54 PM
Quote from: TDoS on Apr 18, 2024, 04:23 PM"As I said last year, I expect that by the end of 2006 we will be in the teeth of a ferocious net oil export crisis." Jeff Brown - April 5, 2006, 1:49PM.

Doesn't mean the analogy is accurate.  Just means his timeline is off.  2+2=5 is time independent, it's not one of the variables.

RE

I'll throw my two cents in about Jeff Brown.  I sent him a message on Linked-In and have had no response.  We do not know anything about him or his work. Therefore I can make no conclusion about his character or if he is disreputable or not.

But TDOS knows all about him.

Quotethe author of which skips their due diligence and uses a disreputable source who once tried selling the same idea for US disaster in 2006? Jeff Brown being that reference obviously.

But if we had access to the files TDOS has, then we would know all about him too.  TDOS probably knows more than I do about my own asshole.  Did you ever hear about Jeff Brown or is just me that never has?

RE

Quote from: K-Dog on Apr 18, 2024, 10:55 PMYou could own a couple of used Benzi if you wanted to.

MIB buy Amerikan.  Black Cadillac Escalade.

RE

RE

Quote from: K-Dog on Apr 18, 2024, 11:24 PMHe probably know more than I do about my asshole too.

He definitely knows more about what I have written than I do.  He's got posts I made on Reddit 6 years ago catalogued, and from Peak Oil 15 years ago.  He's my personal Historian.  ;D

RE

K-Dog

Quote from: RE on Apr 18, 2024, 11:31 PM
Quote from: K-Dog on Apr 18, 2024, 10:55 PMYou could own a couple of used Benzi if you wanted to.

MIB buy Amerikan.  Black Cadillac Escalade.

RE

Yes, that would be more like it.

TDoS

Quote from: RE on Apr 18, 2024, 04:50 PM
Quote from: TDoS on Apr 18, 2024, 04:09 PMI have been talking and writing about resource depletion professionally throughout a majority of this century. Never been charged for it yet.
The century is only 24 years old.  You only need 13 years to have written for a majority of the century.
RE
Well, in your refinement of the basics of time, I would say I have been involved in resource depletion issues in two centuries now, a little in the last, and all of the current. But DAMN does that make me feel old. And vastly more experienced than I ever imagined! MAN!!! I've got about all the peak oilers of the early 21st century whupped! When did the alt.forums fire up, maybe I've got them whupped too! I read ROE but wasn't much interested in the new fangled interwebs at the time.

TDoS

Quote from: K-Dog on Apr 18, 2024, 11:24 PMI'll throw my two cents in about Jeff Brown.  I sent him a message on Linked-In and have had no response.  We do not know anything about him or his work. Therefore I can make no conclusion about his character or if he is disreputable or not.
He was quite prolific for awhile, with the ELM. I have often wondered, as I've watched folks involved in the peak oil world back away from it, Heinberg as another example. I watched an hour long video he made for PCI recently, and he didn't mention anything about his old world ending via peak oil scenario. It seems to be all systems analysis and biodiversity and US debt, the usual.

Jeffrey was a consulting geologist way back when, which gave him peak oil cred in the moment. I am not familiar with his charcter either, he didn't seem as attention or camera happy as Art.

Based on his work, my operating assumption is that he is just a geologist that strayed from creating strat columns and being paid to sit the logging truck as a consultant or contractor and liked the online attention he was able to generate.

Quote from: K-DogBut TDOS knows all about him.
Familiar with his work is a better description. Go here http://theoildrum.com/special/archives and search his username for as long as you'd like. Those government folks must be pretty silly, allowing all of that to still exist, fine experts discussing the 2008 peak oil in a solemn and serious tone. I haven't heard any of those folks being arrested either for discussing resource depletion.

Quote from: K-DogBut if we had access to the files TDOS has, then we would know all about him too.  TDOS probably knows more than I do about my own asshole.  Did you ever hear about Jeff Brown or is just me that never has?

I just gave you the place that holds the reference I provided. Learn all you'd like about Jeffrey. TDoS can read a speech as well as anyone, with tone and inflection, varying the pace in soaring oratory that is quite inspiring. https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=totOKO8P3Dg

TDoS

Quote from: RE on Apr 18, 2024, 11:36 PM
Quote from: K-Dog on Apr 18, 2024, 11:24 PMHe probably know more than I do about my asshole too.

He definitely knows more about what I have written than I do.  He's got posts I made on Reddit 6 years ago catalogued, and from Peak Oil 15 years ago.  He's my personal Historian.  ;D

RE

Incorrect. I've never explained my interest in certain long term peak oilers and related personalities, have I? I don't talk about it much, if only because peak oil hasn't become a thing again yet.

So no, I'm not your personal historian. But it was nice meeting you in person. And I've met others in person, under differing circumstances.

RE

Quote from: TDoS on Apr 19, 2024, 03:09 PMBut it was nice meeting you in person.

I've never met you, since you didn't introduce yourself.  I met an anonymous person among many I spoke to at an outdoor festival where we had an information booth.

RE

TDoS

Quote from: RE on Apr 19, 2024, 04:06 PM
Quote from: TDoS on Apr 19, 2024, 03:09 PMBut it was nice meeting you in person.

I've never met you, since you didn't introduce yourself.  I met an anonymous person among many I spoke to at an outdoor festival where we had an information booth.

RE

I talked to Wendy at the booth. I talked to you when you were attempting to sell electric scooters to rural bumpkins best I could tell. And why would I need to introduce myself, you announced to everyone on your old website who I was via investigation through Haniel's IP snooping and your Linked In investigation, and Dave posted my photo on the site.

Have you forgotten this the same as you have your posting history? Getting old there RE....

RE

Quote from: K-Dog on Apr 19, 2024, 09:16 PM* Accusing you of being a scooter salesman suggests that three days is not long enough.

I deleted that post because it was just plain stupid.  I had a scooter there I bought for Lucid Dreams' son as a gift and for myself to tool around on while down there, since although I still had both legs at the time, my ability to walk more than a few steps was already limited.  At the time, not a lot of people had scooters like this (it wasn't a trike for cripples, it was a 2-wheeler like an EV mini-motorcycle), when I rode it around pople were curious about it and stopped me to talk about it.  At which point I would extol the virtues of electric scooters.  Not sure how many people I talked with riding it around, a dozen at least.  Apparently, Tdos was one of these people.  Later online he bragged about how he met me as though he was some sort of deep cover black ops Peak Oil 007 License to Troll operative who had pulled off an amazing undercover mission to expose me.

Even if I had been selling scooters, WTF difference would that make?  I still think little EVs like that are a great prep and good for all sorts of local tasks, not just for cripples but everyone.  If he had any backbone whatsoever, he would have introduced himself as MKing, the Geochemist World Class Peak Oil Expert whose real name was Dr. Ludwig Frankenstein or whatever.  But noooo,  So I have no idea which one of these people I chatted with he actually was, and I just exchanged the usual ideas that Industrial Civilization was going bye bye and we needed to build more sustainable communities.  He didn't even dispute any of it in person as he does on line, so HTF would I know it was him?

That he was obsessed enough to travel to this town which is 40 miles west of nowhere in North or South  Carolina (can't remember which, I'm sure he can tell us)just to spend 5 minutes chatting banalities with me should give you some idea of how tenuous his grip is on reality.  That is stalker behavior, and I'm not even a rock star! lol.

RE

K-Dog

Quote from: RE on Apr 20, 2024, 02:38 AM
Quote from: K-Dog on Apr 19, 2024, 09:16 PM* Accusing you of being a scooter salesman suggests that three days is not long enough.

I deleted that post because it was just plain stupid.....

That he was obsessed enough to travel to this town which is 40 miles west of nowhere in North or South  Carolina (can't remember which, I'm sure he can tell us)just to spend 5 minutes chatting banalities with me should give you some idea of how tenuous his grip is on reality.  That is stalker behavior, and I'm not even a rock star! lol.

RE