United for sustainability Climate Crisis Club 

Main Menu

Education Endtimes Errata

Started by RE, Nov 03, 2023, 09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RE

Quote from: TDoS on Nov 27, 2025, 03:25 PMOf course they aren't. But for those who fell on the right side of your gene combination, and ended up with the right expertise at the right time, and used both to develop not ONLY wisdom but insight into previously unknown concepts and ideas, having both can be quite lucrative.

There's no evidence I am aware of that technical expertiese can be used to develop wisdom, or that there is even any correlation between them.

RE

TDoS

Quote from: RE on Nov 27, 2025, 06:49 PMThere's no evidence I am aware of that technical expertiese can be used to develop wisdom, or that there is even any correlation between them.
RE

That is only because "wisdom" can be as amorphous to quantify as ....say....beauty. And correlation? They can be meaningful. Or not.


Philoso Raptor

QuoteThere's no evidence I am aware of that technical expertise can be used to develop wisdom, or that there is even any correlation between them.

True, they are not the same thing.  Technical expertise is a narrow and focused blade.  Wisdom is a broad river, wider than De Nile.

RE

Quote from: TDoS on Nov 27, 2025, 07:32 PM
Quote from: RE on Nov 27, 2025, 06:49 PMThere's no evidence I am aware of that technical expertiese can be used to develop wisdom, or that there is even any correlation between them.
RE

That is only because "wisdom" can be as amorphous to quantify as ....say....beauty.

It's more like being funny.  Some people can know a lot of jokes and never get a laugh.   Funny people make others laugh just by observing the truth and pointing it out.


RE

TDoS

Quote from: Philoso Raptor on Nov 27, 2025, 07:47 PM
QuoteThere's no evidence I am aware of that technical expertise can be used to develop wisdom, or that there is even any correlation between them.

True, they are not the same thing.  Technical expertise is a narrow and focused blade.  Wisdom is a broad river, wider than De Nile.

An excellent way to say it.

And as I said, the combination can be quite lucrative. It isn't a unique combination...but in my experience it is hard to find.