Read the newsletter The Collapse Chronicle 

Main Menu

K-Dogs paw.

Started by K-Dog, May 29, 2023, 12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-Dog

I have a part time job.  The day before yesterday I was stocking the 'garden section'.  I had a cart full of garden tools, many wrapped in slippery plastic that is unwrapped before the tool can be hung up to be sold or set on a shelf.  One of the tools, a mattox,slipped off the cart and came down blade first on my left foot.  Like someone was taking a swing at it.  Like the picture turned upside down.

I had time enough to think.  'This is going to hurt', but no time to move.
My shoe saved my toe.  The blade hit behind the toenail of my big toe but did not break a bone.  My toe is black and blue and swollen.  But today not so much that it hurts like it did yesterday.

RE

Quote from: K-Dog on May 29, 2023, 12:56 PM
I have a part time job.  The day before yesterday I was stocking the 'garden section'.  I had a cart full of garden tools, many wrapped in slippery plastic that is unwrapped before the tool can be hung up to be sold or set on a shelf.  One of the tools, a mattox,slipped off the cart and came down blade first on my left foot.  Like someone was taking a swing at it.  Like the picture turned upside down.

I had time enough to think.  'This is going to hurt', but no time to move.
My shoe saved my toe.  The blade hit behind the toenail of my big toe but did not break a bone.  My toe is black and blue and swollen.  But today not so much that it hurts like it did yesterday.

Time for a Workman's Comp lawyer.  :)  They work on spec.

RE

Surly1

Ouch. Just ouch.

FarmGirl

Quote from: K-Dog on May 29, 2023, 12:56 PMI had time enough to think.  'This is going to hurt', but no time to move.
My shoe saved my toe. 

Steel toed boots!

K-Dog

Quote from: FarmGirl on May 30, 2023, 05:04 PM
Quote from: K-Dog on May 29, 2023, 12:56 PMI had time enough to think.  'This is going to hurt', but no time to move.
My shoe saved my toe. 

Steel toed boots!

That would have helped.

K-Dog

Merry fucking Christmas everybody.  I hope you are having a good day.

There is much to be thankful for, the Christmas tunes that have been looping in my head for the last three weeks nonstop, can stop.  Right now that thankfulness is number one for me.

I won't have to hear "Santa think about the boys that I haven't kissed" for another year.

At work the radio is turned off 15 minutes before store closing.  For the last week the radio has turned off not one second later.  Nobody has to be told to do it.  It just happens.

Regarding the Jesus I saw one single manger display.  It seems the Jesus has no connection to Christmas at all in 2023.  The manger display was so out of place my brain shouted WTF is that so loud I could hear it.

So it is another day of pretend peace on earth good will to men, in a nation of I got mine, you get yours.

Now I am no fool.  I find the idea that my 'good behavior' is generating an eternal bank account which through eternity shall provide and endless supply of virgins as fucked up as the idea that being a rude asshole for a few short years can get my ass sizzling in flames forever. 

But considering the state of things, I'd rather hear somebody's phony ass claim they know 'the lord' better than I do, more than hearing about Santa getting his grove on under the Christmas tree with mommy.

The Jesus has left. Absalom takes his place.  And all we have left is a Festivus for the rest of us.

With Jesus now truly gone, the repertory of Christmas music shall be revised.  Considering what Christmas is really about now I think this can better express America's true Christmas spirit.

Maybe get a blister on your little finger - Baby, get a blister on your thumb.

* Regarding the mattox falling on my toe which started this thread.  The black part of my toenail is almost all grown out now.