Integration of the Doomstead with Dogchat is under construction.

Main Menu

Cornel West for President !!

Started by K-Dog, Jun 28, 2023, 02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-Dog

Going after the Green Party nomination. 

K-Dog

Progressive lawmakers are voicing concerns over Cornel West's third-party bid, worried that a figure they respect could cripple President Biden's prospects in 2024.

Progressive lawmakers ?? 

Quote"I think he has a very long record of service and academic thought leadership," Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) told The Hill last week. "I think just right now, given the Electoral College, it's very difficult to square the very real threat of a Republican presidency ... [with] the risk of giving up the very small margin of electoral votes needed to ensure that President Biden wins."

Democratic politicians have done nothing for the working class.  The less brutal of the Democratic Parties' Neo-liberal disciples of 'de market' and the infinite wisdom contained within, are labeled progressives.  They are not.  Democrats stopped being progressive a long time ago.

Democrats are running a candidate who is deeply unpopular to the point where people say:

I don't want to vote for either Trump or Biden.  I'm waiting for someone else.

It is time is to drop the Democrat/Republican dualism and blaze some new trails.

* Since the video was recorded Cornell has distanced himself from the Peoples Party.  They do not have their stuff together.  Cornell now seeks the Green Party nomination.

West / Stein 2024 ?!

The introduction by Jill documents Cornell's long involvement with the SERIOUS left.

Listening to Jill reminds me that voting for her was the right choice.

West / Stein 2024 ?!

I snagged artwork just like I do to make these posts and ordered 2 bumper stickers with magnetic backing online.  The stickers only cost me a few pennies over $6 each.  I put one on the trunk on my car.  It slid off.  My trunk is aluminum.  I tried the front fender.  Same thing.

It sticks on the car door.  The car door is steel.  But if I use my spare on the passenger door, I have no spare. 

I ordered two more.

Quote  I care about the quality of your life. I care about whether you have access to a job with a living wage, decent housing, women having control over their bodies, health care for all, de-escalating the destruction of the planet.