Trumpinski Troubles.

Started by K-Dog, Aug 12, 2023, 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-Dog

I'm finding the federal cases against Trump fascinating. 
WASHINGTON — The federal judge overseeing the election conspiracy case against Donald Trump warned Friday that there are limits on what the former president can publicly say about evidence in the investigation as he campaigns for a second term in the White House.
A prosecutor said the Justice Department was prepared to turn over an initial batch of more than 11 million pages of evidence to Trump's lawyers in the first criminal case seeking to hold Trump accountable for his efforts to cling to power before an angry mob of supporters fueled by his election lies attacked the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

https://chasingthesquirrel.com/public/music/moneywontsaveyou.mp3

Money won't save ya. No no no

Money won't save ya. No no no no no.

Money won't save you. No no.  Only truth and righteousness can. Let me tell you now. Your days are getting shorter, and your time is a-running out. Running out

Indeed. You have had big fun while there's so many hungry mouths. Well, you plundered and robbed everything under the sun. And your time has now come to run, run, run. I tell you.

K-Dog

Four indictments.

Running On Empty

Looking out at the road rushing under my wheels
Looking back at the years gone by like so many summer fields
In '65, I was seventeen and running up 101
I don't know where I'm running now, I'm just running on

Running on, running on empty
Running on, running blind
Running on, running into the sun
But I'm running behind

Gotta do what you can just to keep your love alive
Trying not to confuse it with what you do to survive
In '69, I was twenty-one and I called the road my own
I don't know when that road turned onto the road I'm on

But I'm running behind

Everyone I know, everywhere I go
People need some reason to believe
I don't know about anyone but me
If it takes all night, that'll be all right
If I can get you to smile before I leave

Looking out at the road rushing under my wheels
I don't know how to tell you all just how crazy this life feels
Look around for the friends that I used to turn to to pull me through
Looking into their eyes I see them running too

But I'm running behind

Honey, you really tempt me
You know the way you look so kind
I'd love to stick around but I'm running behind
(Running on)
You know I don't even know what I'm hoping to find
(Running blind)
Running into the sun but I'm running behind

Thank you!

RE

Quote from: K-Dog on Aug 14, 2023, 11:43 PM

Four indictments.

Apparently, being indicted does not preclude you from running for POTUS.  Also if elected and convicted, he probably could Pardon himself.

RE

K-Dog

Good Trump does not have the stones to write a Mein Kampf if he does some time at the graybar hotel.

The same foolishness failed on Jan 6th 2021 as it did on September 26th 1923.  The amount of planning and effort seems to have been about the same.

The Beer Hall Putsch.  If history repeats itself RE and I may be in a concentration camp in a few years.

To meet doom.

But the good new is Trump is an accidental president.  He was as surprised as everyone else when votes were counted and the racist American demographic gave him four years.  Trump and Hitler are moral equivalents.  They have the same notions about race. 

Moral equivalents, but Hitler was able to remap his attention deficit disorders into public speaking.  (he did poorly in school and NEVER held down a job).  He lived off his mothers pension until she died, after which WWI gave him something to do.  Once Hitler determined what his destiny would be, he had ten times the focus Trump will ever have.  Success through overcompensation of a deficit.

Thankfully Trumpo is a falling, and not a rising star.   Too fat and happy to indulge in overcompensation. This is a good thing.

Trump is not convicted so of course he can run.  But the Republican party would be bat shit-crazy to give him the nomination.

* There is a clear correlation between Trump campaign events and incidents of prejudiced violence. FBI data shows that since Trump's election there has been an anomalous spike in hate crimes concentrated in counties where Trump won by larger margins. It was the second-largest uptick in hate crimes in the 25 years for which data are available, second only to the spike after September 11, 2001.

Another study, based on data collected by the Anti-Defamation League, shows that counties that hosted a Trump campaign rally in 2016 saw hate crime rates more than double compared to similar counties that did not host a rally.

Analysis of big data establishes that many counties that were not expected to go Trump, which later went Trump, had racists who turned out  to vote.  This is not an argument.  The data shows it.

Polls did not match reality.  Polls showed that white women voters were actually turning against Trump, but the president actually gained his support among white women by 55%.   White women have a history of aligning (I could use a different verb) under patriarchy.  Even though it makes them second-class citizens, it puts them near power and above people of color.

K-Dog

Donald Trump Indicted for 4th Time anon with 18 others.

'Headed a criminal enterprise to overturn 2020 election results. 

The accused must present themselves to the Georgia Court by August 25th.  Arrest warrants have been issued.

RE

Quote from: K-Dog on Aug 15, 2023, 12:17 PM'Headed a criminal enterprise to overturn 2020 election results. 

That is the Racketeering charge which falls under the RICO statutes used now for prosecuting Organized
Crime, aka the Mafia, Drug Cartels, Human Traffickers etc.  It allows for interstate prosecution for related crimes which are perpetrated in other states.  Given he was El Presidente, you can truly say he was "Capo di tutti capos".  Instead of The Donald, he should more accurately be called "Don Trumpeone"

They didn't have RICO when Capone ran the Chicago Rackets, and they never were able to pin Murder on him.  They put him away for Tax Evasion.  If/when Don Trumpeone goes to the Big House, I suspect it will also be the IRS that puts him there.

Or who knows, perhaps the FBI will take him out like they took out Dillinger, or the CIA will terminate with extreme prejudice like JFK.

RE

K-Dog

Trumps new real estate acquisition.

K-Dog

The trapped animal pose does not work for me.

Unlike Trump, Jenna knew what to do.

Is Jenna Ellis thinking about spilling her guts to make the bad dream go away?  How phony is that smile?

Ellis is charged with violating Georgia's anti-racketeering law and soliciting a public officer to violate their oath.  Jenna is a lawyer who expects the Trump machine to pay for her legal defense.

That is not going to happen.  Trump has a hard time paying people.  Trump thinks he is going to fuck Jenna for free.  But lawyers like hookers expect to get paid.  This will be interesting.

RE

Quote from: K-Dog on Aug 25, 2023, 10:31 AMTrump thinks he is going to fuck Jenna for free.  But lawyers like hookers expect to get paid.  This will be interesting.

Jenna Ellis Uggliss

There's a reason she's a Lawyer and not a Hooker.  With that face she would have starved.  Picture her and Don Trumpleone making the beast with two backs is horriffic.  She makes the Top 10 All Ugly squad in politics.

RE

K-Dog

Harrison Floyd remains in jail, says he can't afford private lawyer

One of Donald Trump's co-defendants in a wide-ranging election-fraud case in Georgia remained behind bars on Friday, after he told a judge that he could not afford a private attorney to represent him and was denied bond.

Harrison Floyd said at his first court appearance that he could not afford a private lawyer and had been denied representation by a public defender because he did not qualify.

Floyd, who appeared virtually, said that it typically cost between $40,000 to $100,000 just to retain a private lawyer to fly to Georgia.

"I cannot afford an attorney for something like this," he said, telling Fulton County Superior Court Judge Emily Richardson that he did not want to put his family in debt.

Richardson told Floyd that he could either hire a lawyer or represent himself.

It was not immediately clear why Floyd was told he could not be represented by a public defender. Generally, defendants must meet certain financial requirements to qualify.

For now, Floyd will remain in Fulton County Jail, which is being investigated by the U.S. Department of Justice for violence and unsanitary conditions, as well as 15 inmate deaths last year. One of those was a man whose family says in a lawsuit was "eaten alive" by bedbugs.

Floyd had maintained that he was not a flight risk, but he was told that the issue of the bond would ultimately be decided by Judge Scott McAfee, who is overseeing the case.

Trump and the 17 others charged in the case have already reported to jail and posted bond.

Floyd, a former U.S. Marine and mixed martial arts fighter, is accused of participating in a scheme to pressure an election worker to falsely admit to voting fraud.

In a separate case, Floyd was arrested in Maryland in May and charged with assaulting FBI agents who tried to serve him with a subpoena, court records show.

All 18 other defendants in the case have been released after posting bond.

And because I read more than one article if I have an interest in something:

*    Floyd, a 39-year-old U.S. Marine veteran, served as the director of the political group Black Voices for Trump during the 2020 election cycle, and was charged last week in the Fulton County case with violating Georgia's Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act, for influencing a witness and conspiracy to commit solicitation of false statements.

*    Black Voices for Trump held campaign events in majority Black neighborhoods as well as targeted social media ads to increase turnout for Trump, for example focusing on the importance of Black Republicans in Milwaukee, and focusing on highlighting ways that African Americans have benefited from the Trump economy.  The organization also released merchandise focusing on Black millennials and hosted online "Black Voices for Trump Real Talk" events.

Pimping for Trump has a dark side.

RE

Quote from: K-Dog on Aug 26, 2023, 01:47 PM*    Black Voices for Trump held campaign events in majority Black neighborhoods as well as targeted social media ads to increase turnout for Trump, for example focusing on the importance of Black Republicans in Milwaukee, and focusing on highlighting ways that African Americans have benefited from the Trump economy.  The organization also released merchandise focusing on Black millennials and hosted online "Black Voices for Trump Real Talk" events.

Pimping for Trump has a dark side.

How come Blacks4Trump doesn't buy him a Lawyer?  If each of the Blacks4Trump just contributed $1 each, wouldn't he have millions to cover the legal costs?  ::)

RE

K-Dog

On Saturday morning, a legal fundraiser for Floyd, hosted on crowdfunding site GiveSendGo, exceeded $100,000 out of a target of $200,000. As of Sunday morning at 4:44 a.m. ET $219,823 had been given by 4,714 donors. In an update, Dominion Law Center, which is running the crowd funder, said it plans to go before a judge on Monday in a bid to secure bail for Floyd.

At 100 K a day I'd stay in for a while.