Integration of the Doomstead with Dogchat is under construction.

Main Menu

Mike Stasse talks Peak Oil.

Started by K-Dog, May 07, 2023, 10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-Dog

Experimenting with embedded audio.

This is the link I am trying to embed, you can click on it directly.

http://fm-server.huoncs.com.au/podcasts/interviews/David_M_interviews_Michael_Stasse_22-03-23.mp3?_=1

* I got as far as getting a test audio file to play.  I suspect downloading the audio from the AU radio station, then posting it on my website to link here will work.  I will try later.  As things are the player goes to the radio station, but the audio does not load. So for now there is test music.

Use the direct link for the interview.

In time I will have a new button in our editor for this.

FarmGirl

Quote from: K-Dog on May 07, 2023, 10:49 AM<audio controls>
<source src="https://www.soundhelix.com/examples/mp3/SoundHelix-Song-1.mp3" type="audio/mpeg">
Your browser does not support the audio element.
</audio>

Experimenting with embedded audio.

This is the link I am trying to embed, you can click on it directly.

http://fm-server.huoncs.com.au/podcasts/interviews/David_M_interviews_Michael_Stasse_22-03-23.mp3?_=1

* I got as far as getting a test audio file to play.  I suspect downloading the audio from the AU radio station, then posting it on my website to link here will work.  I will try later.  As things are the player goes to the radio station, but the audio does not load. So for now there is test music.

The energy return on energy invested angle doesn't work particularly well, and the why isn't mentioned by whomever is being interviewed. I've heard Mike's interviews before, the voice didn't really sound like him? is this the Damn The Matrix blogger guy? The audio file worked okay for me.  I'm not sure he has the right idea about energy being replaced with debt, one of the claims of the peak oil theory is that you CAN'T replace oil by printing money, and now this guy is claiming the opposite. And is this is the Damn The Matrix guy, he has been around long enough to have seen this angle already discredited.

FarmGirl

I was adding more detail to my post, and it turns out that whatever your timer is for edits, corrects to spelling, whatever, can't be more than a couple minutes tops? Any chance we could get some more time so when we reread our stuff and want to add more or make even spelling corrections we can?

RE

Quote from: FarmGirl on May 07, 2023, 02:03 PMI was adding more detail to my post, and it turns out that whatever your timer is for edits, corrects to spelling, whatever, can't be more than a couple minutes tops? Any chance we could get some more time so when we reread our stuff and want to add more or make even spelling corrections we can?

Make your edits and additions in a text editor, then copy/paste it into the submission form.

RE

K-Dog

I changed the edit time from 4 minutes to 1440 minutes.  That is how many minutes are in a day.

FarmGirl

Quote from: RE on May 07, 2023, 11:52 PM
Quote from: FarmGirl on May 07, 2023, 02:03 PMI was adding more detail to my post, and it turns out that whatever your timer is for edits, corrects to spelling, whatever, can't be more than a couple minutes tops? Any chance we could get some more time so when we reread our stuff and want to add more or make even spelling corrections we can?

Make your edits and additions in a text editor, then copy/paste it into the submission form.

RE

Sounds like one terribly inconvenient way to do it, is this forum software really that primitive that this extra work is necessary?

FarmGirl

Quote from: K-Dog on May 08, 2023, 12:19 AMI changed the edit time from 4 minutes to 1440 minutes.  That is how many minutes are in a day.

Works for me. Peakoil.com has a similar feature, it seems to be set to a couple hours. Enough time to realize "crap! I said something weird and forgot to mention that other thing!" and still get back to it.

RE

Quote from: FarmGirl on May 08, 2023, 09:55 AM
Quote from: RE on May 07, 2023, 11:52 PM

RE

Sounds like one terribly inconvenient way to do it, is this forum software really that primitive that this extra work is necessary?

Not really.  I always use a text editor, simply because over the years I had too many posts disappear into the ether after hitting the submission button.  This way, if it doesn't show up the first time I post, I can try again without having to do a rewrite.  In the old days, my posts were so long it was reeeaaaalllly annoying when they disappeared.  It only takes a second to do it this way when you have the text editor open all the time.

RE

K-Dog

Quote from: FarmGirl on May 08, 2023, 09:57 AM
Quote from: K-Dog on May 08, 2023, 12:19 AMI changed the edit time from 4 minutes to 1440 minutes.  That is how many minutes are in a day.

Works for me. Peakoil.com has a similar feature, it seems to be set to a couple hours. Enough time to realize "crap! I said something weird and forgot to mention that other thing!" and still get back to it.

I'd like to turn it off and have unlimited time.  A person should own their own posts.  The internet was built with a conservative mindset oriented to promote social disparities.  Websites have owners.  Comments are always second class citizens.  Inferior fonts, limited graphics. 

My main page has comments that look exactly like articles with the same capability to post pictures and such.  Problem is I have no visitors.  All the visitors who show on my globe are deep state fakes.  I wrote my own spyware and found that out.

Fuckers wanted me pissing in the wind and talking to myself forever.  Because of my discovery I am mot writing on my main page for the time being.  So much for my serial novel.

The battle against the trans-humanist antarcticans will have to wait.

K-Dog

Quote from: RE on May 08, 2023, 12:53 PMNot really.  I always use a text editor, simply because over the years I had too many posts disappear into the ether after hitting the submission button.  This way, if it doesn't show up the first time I post, I can try again without having to do a rewrite.  In the old days, my posts were so long it was reeeaaaalllly annoying when they disappeared.  It only takes a second to do it this way when you have the text editor open all the time.

RE

I added a menu selection in my system tray that opens a 'notes' file for editing with one click. The click runs a python script I added to my startup folder.  I can write in the open editor and cut and paste with ease.  It is crazy that computers don't come with a one click feature like this as part of a normal release.

* two clicks   One click on my icon next to the other widgets in the tray, then one click on the 'notes' menu selection.

18hammers

Quote from: K-Dog on May 08, 2023, 01:31 PM

Problem is I have no visitors.  All the visitors who show on my globe are deep state fakes.  I wrote my own spyware and found that out.

Fuckers wanted me pissing in the wind and talking to myself forever. 

Not true, I have often been a visitor to your site, read what is posted. I am not a deep state fake. I have noticed that your globe needs calibration though, often showing my location 400 or so km from where I am.

K-Dog

Quote from: 18hammers on Jun 12, 2023, 09:15 PM
Quote from: K-Dog on May 08, 2023, 01:31 PM

Problem is I have no visitors.  All the visitors who show on my globe are deep state fakes.  I wrote my own spyware and found that out.

Fuckers wanted me pissing in the wind and talking to myself forever.

Not true, I have often been a visitor to your site, read what is posted. I am not a deep state fake. I have noticed that your globe needs calibration though, often showing my location 400 or so km from where I am.

Currently I use 5 different web services to look at where incoming I.P. addresses come from.  Fake addresses have all five giving different results.  Some services come up blank.  When they do I assign the location to them to be in Antarctica at the Fortress of Solitude or in Kansas in Smallville.  Also the Batcave in Gotham City.  I have to review my code to remember how the choice is made. 

Real eyeballs have to be on my website long enough to see something.  Long enough for a piece of javascript loaded with the page to check if there are any new chats to load into my chat box by sending a request to the website behind the scenes.  A person looking at my website will have the javascript in their browser checking for updates about every thirty seconds.  If an IP address connects and I never get a update request I know the viewer is a bot who took a quick look around and left in the blink of an eye, or in a couple of seconds max.

Compared to the anal exam Google and the other big boys are giving viewers when they hook up to look around, what I am doing with a few lines of javascript is primitive.

But it is effective.

I wrote a dashboard page for my website that only I see. 

On it is a table that shows where web services report viewers are coming from.  Here is a cut and paste of what is happening now.

Pings:    Visitors            Location                                            Svc
Time    IP Address    City    Region    Country   
33:36    2601:603:f7f:adbd:487e:f42a:5bc7:3c39    Leavenworth      Washington   US    S1
33:36    2601:603:f7f:adbd:487e:f42a:5bc7:3c39    Bellevue             Washington   US    S2
33:36    2601:603:f7f:adbd:487e:f42a:5bc7:3c39    Bellevue             Washington   US    S3
33:36    2601:603:f7f:adbd:487e:f42a:5bc7:3c39    Bellevue             Washington   US    S4
33:36    2601:603:f7f:adbd:487e:f42a:5bc7:3c39    Bellevue             Washington   US    S5

The indicated connection is me.  Web Service 1 reports me as being in Leavenworth which I think is about sixty miles to the north east of where I actually am.  A mile south of Bellevue.

What I have learned is that I am in a very dark corner of the web.