Integration of the Doomstead with Dogchat is under construction.

Main Menu

Why the Internet Isn’t Fun Anymore

Started by RE, Oct 15, 2023, 01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RE

The internet stopped being fun a long time before this author started using it.  He talks about the "good old days of social media when Twitter and Instagram were lively" etc.  By the time social media hit the net, it was already long past the days it was really fun, with bulletin boards and blogs and groups of like minded folks who could chat without being censored or being trolled by cointel disruptors or just bombarded by pop up ads. Remember the REAL good old days, when the internet was the Wild West, when you really could post anonymously and where every news source didn't have a paywall?

Not only has the internet become un-fun, it has morphed into a social control and propaganda weapon exponentially more powerful than TV ever was, and where any idea that doesn't conform to the status quo is instantly surpressed and disappeared as quickly as it gets published.

Maybe the Dark Web is better.  I've never been there nor even do I have a clue as to how to access it, but the www is about as useful for exchanging information  TPTB want to surpress as a toothbrush is for paintig your house.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/infinite-scroll/why-the-internet-isnt-fun-anymore

Why the Internet Isn't Fun Anymore

RE

K-Dog

QuoteWhere any idea that doesn't conform to the status quo is instantly suppressed and disappeared as quickly as it gets published.

The Diner by some definitions is on the dark web.

One definition would be to try and find us in Google.  I just tried Googling 'Doomstead Diner' using a proxy.

We do not appear.  All links lead to legacy links.  We have been silenced.  You have been 'on the list' since we met, and probably before that.

Links to the Diner stop at:

https://globalcollapse.createaforum.com/general-discussion/following-in-the-footsteps-of-the-doomstead-diner/

Temporary lodgings for the Diner where we could not say Fuck.  We do not have censorship here.  That is another definition. 

If you go to the Global Collapse link, the link does NOT point at the forum index page.  Instead it points to a discussion that does not reveal where we have gone.  Links on the index page clearly do. 

following-in-the-footsteps-of-the-doomstead-diner/ has been tacked on and this is the only link to Global Collapse that shows up.

The link pointed to starts with a post by you.  That is not normal Simple Machines Forum behavior.  Since I host the Diner at my own web address I am very motivated to find out how this all works.  As you know.  The only reason the Global Collapse link does not go to the Global Collapse index page is because someone intervened with search parameters.  The forum default page should be the index page.  But the index page link is bypassed by human action.  This is a smoking gun to anyone who knows how this forum works.  One single link inside the forum has been singled out to be the only reference link.

A link that makes it look like Global Collapse is the end of the road.

We are dark web.  Didn't you know?

Does the highlighted comment on this screeshot of the Midwestern Marx Power Hour show today give you a clue who might be re-routing links?

Eddie Liger made a great rant about Palestine.  When it started going viral it was replaced by a version sans audio.  Not by his choice.  It upset him greatly.  Today's show played the clip with his audio.

I say, sit back and enjoy the show.  Participate if you can.

*  I edited the post at Global Collapse to point here, like this:

The Diner moved from Global Collapse and can now be found here:

https://chasingthesquirrel.com/doomstead/index.php     <=====    

K-Dog

We are RE and I are on the 'left' and 'on the list'.

Check this bullshit out.  THIS IS A DIVERSION AND RIP OFF

Do a search for us on Google.  Good luck finding us!

The Ghost of George Orwell and every English Teacher I ever had approves.

K-Dog

We are RE and I are on the 'left' and 'on the list'.

The top of the list 'Follower' is Keith Huddleston -
QuoteTruth, beauty, agape, and the dao. Seeking to do more with less requires understanding.

And I am Keith Hayes.

The rest of the list of followers is also interesting.  Including a billionaire.  Which of course does not impress me.  I have met a few.

I am not flattered.

K-Dog

Quote from: K-Dog on Dec 19, 2023, 07:36 PMWe are RE and I are on the 'left' and 'on the list'.

The top of the list 'Follower' is Keith Huddleston -
QuoteTruth, beauty, agape, and the dao. Seeking to do more with less requires understanding.

And I am Keith Hayes.

The rest of the list of followers is also interesting.  Including a billionaire.  Which of course does not impress me.  I have met a few.

I am not flattered.

Figuring the link will soon vanish I took a screenshot.  Downloading the page turned out to be impossible.  The fuckers are sneaky.  With more sociopaths lining up for employment no doubt.

* The Medium link is planted by a government agency to lead people away from here.  The Medium page points to our original Doomstead Diner (it should point here) now long dead link.  Look at the Medium Page while you can.  Now that I have found it, this link to a smoking gun of American Fascism Lite will soon vanish.

RE

I've never even heard of this website before.  And I have followers there?  The only person I recognize from that list is John Lounsbury.

I don't even bother hitting any of the buttons on Wordpress for social media or SEO when I write a blog. Whoever signed me up for that does more advertizing for me on social media than I have. lol.

RE

K-Dog

Quote from: RE on Dec 20, 2023, 11:57 AMI've never even heard of this website before.  And I have followers there?  The only person I recognize from that list is John Lounsbury.

I don't even bother hitting any of the buttons on Wordpress for social media or SEO when I write a blog. Whoever signed me up for that does more advertizing for me on social media than I have. lol.

RE
Medium was not even a thing when the original Doomstead Diner link went dead.  Of course the link is visible for all to see because it does not go anywhere.  It did not go anywhere when it was posted on the page.  I'll let the ghost of Joseph Goebbels explain why they put in 'Save as many as you can".  This is blatant misdirection.

I have been telling you we are being suppressed.  This is a smoking gun.  It is IMPOSSIBLE to expect anyone to find us with GOOGLE goggles.  You have to put in so much info to get the correct link, that if you do, you already know how to get here.

My guess it is either the Secret Service or the FBI my terrorist friend.  Now do you understand my insistence all along that we have to platform ourselves?  Why I want to control our software!  Why I know You-Tube to be public masturbation that can't possibly start a constructive movement of any kind!

True, we can still be squished like a bug.  They have switched out links on our page before to show me what 'they' can do.

But I can put the Diner on a thumb drive and find a new server.

And I know most people reading this besides you and I will not believe what they are seeing.  It is too much to comprehend.  THIS CAN'T HAPPEN IN MERICA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To know the bad guys win is a taste so bad the brain spits it out.

If it was not for the personal fuckifications I would not believe it.  I would still be dumb like everybody else will continue to be.

The rules of Fascism Lite allow us to dissent and speak truth all we want.  As long as nobody can see us.

I will agree with Steven Pinker (it gripes my ass) that this is much better than head chopping and represents much progress.

And: We have better prison cells than he did.

"Antonio Gramsci" width=100 

We can even leave our cells.

Not so bad.  Until now you did not even know you were in prison.  Now that you know, it does suck more.  Way more.

RE

Quote from: K-Dog on Dec 20, 2023, 12:13 PMWe can even leave our cells.

Not so bad.  Until now you did not even know you were in prison.  Now that you know, it does suck more.  Way more.

I've felt imprisoned most of my adult life.  Even before.  Remember the old folk song "Little Boxes"?  60s, by Malvina Reynolds.

I was around 7 when that came out.  It's all always seemed like one big mousetrap to me.  Everybody running round on little mousewheels.  Of course, there were plenty of worse prisons around the world, but that thing we supposedly had and fought for, Freedom?  Never felt very free to me.

RE

TDoS

Quote* The Medium link is planted by a government agency to lead people away from here.  The Medium page points to our original Doomstead Diner (it should point here) now long dead link.  Look at the Medium Page while you can.  Now that I have found it, this link to a smoking gun of American Fascism Lite will soon vanish.

I didn't even know that kind of thing existed. I found this and top of the list is doomstead diner.

https://medium.com/@alysion42/collapse-blogosphere-69a318ad2ac4

If you click the link they list, it goes somewhere. But not the old Diner.

K-Dog

Quote from: TDoS on Dec 20, 2023, 08:12 PM
Quote* The Medium link is planted by a government agency to lead people away from here.  The Medium page points to our original Doomstead Diner (it should point here) now long dead link.  Look at the Medium Page while you can.  Now that I have found it, this link to a smoking gun of American Fascism Lite will soon vanish.

I didn't even know that kind of thing existed. I found this and top of the list is doomstead diner.

That particular website looks to be a legit person who does not know we exist.  The link is to something RE put up.  RE should put a link that points back here on it.  But I am not going to tell him what to do.  It is reasonable to expect the web of misdirection to be complicated.

*Rereading the blog authors text, I'll take back my original claim of him being a legit person. 

QuoteYet as a gateway drug, The Doomstead Diner contains information that may be of interest to those who can overlook the flashing lights, videos, and vet their sources.

That is a totally incorrect and inaccurate description.  And something no doomer would say.  Conclude then that this individual created a link to 'doomer' websites for no reason.  So what is his reason?

The question is rhetorical.  Leading people to legacy websites does no harm to the status quo.  Just keep people from linking up.  It is all you have to do.

Take my word for it.

RE

Quote from: K-Dog on Dec 20, 2023, 11:26 PMThe link is to something RE put up.  RE should put a link that points back here on it.

I did not put up that link and I am not a member of that website, so I can't change the link they have to the old url which is not active.

The only URL we currently own is your chasingthesquirrel.com url.  So any searches should be directed to that url.

RE

RE

OK, looking closer at the Medium website, the Avatar for Doomstead Diner is one Surly used for his posting and on the Facebook page he ran.  Perhaps he made that link page on Medium?

RE

RE

Quote from: TDoS on Dec 20, 2023, 08:12 PMI didn't even know that kind of thing existed. I found this and top of the list is doomstead diner.

The Doomstead Diner link on this page is

https://doomsteaddinerbeta.wordpress.com/

This page I DID make and I still own and can edit.  I made it when I was getting ready to stop paying for the old Diner space on A Small Orange.

I should go and edit that page and add links back here.  I'll get round to that when I feel better.  Been pretty sick this week.

All the links floating around the net for the old URL are an unfortunate consequence of having the original Diner up for so long at that URL.  People don't go back and edit their dead links later, even if they are aware they went dead.

Probably the easiest thing would be to pay the registration fee for DoomsteadDiner.net and point it at this website.  Then all those links would work again.  I'm not financially solvent enough to pay the upkeep fee though.

RE

K-Dog

When I bought https://chasingthesquirrel.com I should have got https://chasingthesquirrel.edu or https://www.chasingthesquirrel.net/  But as I did not, somebody snatched them up and the price they wanted was $1500 from me when I finally decided I should get them. 

I hope they enjoy their purchase.  Take the .net link.  You can see the attempted extortion.

QuoteOK, looking closer at the Medium website, the Avatar for Doomstead Diner is one Surly used for his posting and on the Facebook page he ran.  Perhaps he made that link page on Medium?

No, that is Surly1's avatar and nothing else.  Surly has been doing Collapse Chronicle as long as Medium has been around.

I understand.

The cognitive dissonance is great.  The universe is not what you thought it was.  The net is under the control of the military by way of corporations they direct.  We are the sheep and they are the shepherds.  Every brain cell you have wants to fight this truth.

But not us.  We are not sheep.  We are considered a threat to national security with our talk of doom.  We are wolves in sheep's clothing, domestic terrorists.  To be kept in a virtual sandbox where we can play.  Alone.

* Look at the profile that created the Medium page.

Medium member since December 2022.  The About page begins with:

QuoteMy 'ideal reader' is posterity, today's 10 year old (or likely not yet born), hence telling those who may read my offerings during my lifetime what they want to hear or may like is of no interest.

The ideal reader is none at all.  Hmmmmmm -- So does the profile come from a real person?

Opinions, we all have one.

* And to help us decide RE should figure out how Surly1's Avatar came from his legacy link.  Because if it is not on the legacy link, the author or authors most definitely know about the original Diner.

K-Dog

Quote* And to help us decide RE should figure out how Surly1's Avatar came from his legacy link.  Because if it is not on the legacy link, the author or authors most definitely know about the original Diner.

To see Surly1's Avatar you would have had to seen the original diner or been here.  Or been to his current site which is not advertised at all on the Medium page.  On the Medium page Surly1's avatar specifically marks the Doomstead Diner.  The avatar is not related to his current activity which is randomly advertised up top when this page loads.  Load this page and you have a one in 5 chance of seeing Surly1's Avatar on the top of this page right now pointing to his Collapse Chronicle.

Placing the Avatar as the logo of the Doomstead Diner on this Medium page created less than a year ago is like a cheating spouse leaving a credit card statement documenting an on the side tryst lying around to be picked up by their partner.

* The legacy site also does not match the description of the Diner given by the Medium site with 'videos' to be ignored.  The description actually matches our real Diner.  A correct description of the actual diner is given, but a link to a legacy page of dead links is matched to that description.