Read the newsletter The Collapse Chronicle 

Main Menu

Revolution

Started by K-Dog, Feb 06, 2024, 02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RE

Quote from: K-Dog on Apr 26, 2024, 06:33 PMThis having nothing to do with what could go on in a 'young muffins' brain.  This Zionist mofo's brain is so full of hate he ruins himself.

I can't believe this xenophobic ageist misogynist.  Over the top.  I hope anger against the genocide in Gaza goes global.  Yesterday would not be soon enough.

What's wrong with going to a demonstration to get laid? ??? ??? ???  You meet more interesting people usually than your typical pickup bar.  There's a built in conversation starter, you don't have to plod through the usual "What's your major?" "Are you on a sports team?" "What kind of music do you like" series of questions trying to find something in common to talk about before you get naked.  Plus, with tents right there, you don't even have to go back to your dorm room to make the beast with 2 backs!  ;D

This guy also clearly did not attend Columbia, otherwise he would know that Barnard is really short on blond muffins.  They mostly go to Mt. Holyoke and Vassar.  Barnard is packed with Asian and Indian muffins with black hair.  Sadly also, they tend to be trying to hook up with each other rather than a protester of the opposite sex.  Barnard requires applicants to have had at least one lesbian experience in order to be accepted. lol.  OK, OK, my homophobia is showing again.  I admit there are a few bisexual women at Barnard. lol.

RE

RE

The good old days of the local cop walking the beat and helping little old ladies to cross the street when he's not rescuing cats that have climbed a tree and can't get back down are ovah!  Now it's straight to the SWAT teams in full Riot Gear if 50 undergrads set up tents and serve coffee and doughnuts while they socialize and hand out leaflets calling for divestiture of investment in arms manufacturers.  "Assymetric Response" is the new doctrine for dealing with any dissent in Amerika.  Hit 'em hard and fast with overwhelming power and scare the living shit out of anyone who dares to question the party line.

If they had ignored the Columbia campers, by the end of the week they would have been getting ready for graduation and done with finals attending parties and smoking dope.  Instead, they set off copycat protests all over the world, and they're cycling it up in a feedback loop that if somebody doesn't show some CFS will end up with 4 more dead in Oh-Hi-Oh.

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2024/04/27/israel-hamas-war-campus-protests-arrests/73462872007/

Mass arrests, officers in riot gear: Pro-Palestinian protesters face police crackdowns

RE

TDoS

Quote from: RE on Apr 29, 2024, 01:13 AMhttps://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2024/04/27/israel-hamas-war-campus-protests-arrests/73462872007/
Mass arrests, officers in riot gear: Pro-Palestinian protesters face police crackdowns
RE
I wonder why I haven't seen this type of title elsewhere, perhaps reflecting a similar sentiment but with only a minor word change to reflect how others might feel?

Mass arrests, officers in riot gear: Pro-Hamas protesters face police crackdowns

RE

Quote from: TDoS on Apr 29, 2024, 12:05 PMI wonder why I haven't seen this type of title elsewhere, perhaps reflecting a similar sentiment but with only a minor word change to reflect how others might feel?

Perhaps because none of the protesters hold up any signs reading that they are pro-Hamas or have any slogans or chants saying they are pro-Hamas?  AFAIK no protest leaders have endorsed Hamas, although there may be some members of Hamas who have attended the demonstrations.

Do you see any signs supporting Hamas in this crowd?

Unless the news agency could get verifiable proof that the demonstrators were supporting Hamas, they would be wide open to a lawsuit.  As it is, even saying the protests are anti-semitic is not accurate, though there are anti-semites attending some of them no doubt.

The goals of the protests are to end the occupation of Gaza by the Israeli military, to force divestment of companies doing business with Israel, and to have self-ruling Goobermint for the Palestinians.  The goal of Hamas is destruction of the state of Israel, which again some protesters may support but isn't an express goal of the protests as it is of Hamas.

RE

RE

The protests going into another week are still increasing in number and size, and they have ratcheted up from setting up tents outdoors to Occupying university buildings.  Since few of the universities are likely to capitulate and do any significant divestiture of their portfolios, it's closing in on time for TPTB to send in the National Guard.  It's hard to imagine they will allow this movement to go on as long as Occupy did.  Since the Summer is just beginning, there's a solid 6 months left in the outdoor protest season, and since many students don't take summer classes they likely are looking forward to a fun summer making some headlines, smoking dope and hooking up while doing battle with the Gestapo.

I think you can also count on at this point action happening at the Summer Olympics, being held this year in Paris.  Nobody loves street protesting more than the Frogs, who are experts at it and won't pass up a great opportunity like this one to burn some cop cars.

As predicted, 2024 is shaping up to be a banner year in Collapse.

https://www.cnn.com/business/live-news/university-protests-palestine-04-30-24/index.html

Pro-Palestinian protests disrupt colleges across the US

RE

RE

They're clearing the campus.  So far no teargas.

RE

TDoS

Quote from: RE on Apr 30, 2024, 07:20 AM
Quote from: TDoS on Apr 29, 2024, 12:05 PMI wonder why I haven't seen this type of title elsewhere, perhaps reflecting a similar sentiment but with only a minor word change to reflect how others might feel?

Perhaps because none of the protesters hold up any signs reading that they are pro-Hamas or have any slogans or chants saying they are pro-Hamas?

Hamas folks are Palestinians. Leaders of Palestinians no less. So obviously support of Palestinians includes Hamas, no matter how unseemly that might be to those of delicate sensibilities. No different than support of Americans includes support of Americans who are MAGA, KKK members, white nationalists, black nationalists, neo-Nazi's American by birth, Doomers, etc etc.

Did you really not know that Hamas leaders are Palestinians?

RE

All pro-Hamas are pro Palestine does not imply that all pro-Palestine are pro-Hamas.  Do you not understand set theory?  Hamas is a subset of Palestinians.  The set of students who support Palestinians intersects with the set of pro-Palestinian people but not necessarily the set of pro Hamas.  I would draw the circles, but most 4th graders grasp this logic.  You must have missed it.

RE

K-Dog

Quote from: RE on May 02, 2024, 11:29 PMAll pro-Hamas are pro Palestine does not imply that all pro-Palestine are pro-Hamas.  Do you not understand set theory?  Hamas is a subset of Palestinians.  The set of students who support Palestinians intersects with the set of pro-Palestinian people but not necessarily the set of pro Hamas.  I would draw the circles, but most 4th graders grasp this logic.  You must have missed it.

RE

Fourth graders don't troll either!  Nothing like a flaming non-sequitur to suck you in.  It almost got me too.  Bring out the Venn Diagarm.

Found it.  We had it stashed next to the whips and chains in that big old-school steamer trunk I found at a garage sale a few years ago.

RE

Quote from: K-Dog on May 03, 2024, 12:40 AMFourth graders don't troll either!  Nothing like a flaming non-sequitur to suck you in.  It almost got me too.  Bring out the Venn Diagarm.

The same bad logic is being used calling the protests anti-semitic.  All anti-semites are anti-Israeli, but not all anti-Israelis are anti-semites.    In this case anti-semites are a subset of people who are anti-Israel.  The protesters are all anti-Israeli government policy, but not necessarily anti-Jewish people.  You could break it down further, because there's a subset of people who are anti Israeli policy whoo also are anti Israel and believe the state itself should be dismantled.  That subset intersects with the pro-Hamas subset, which intersects with the set of people who think violence is aa good way to achieve this goal.

I could draw all the circles of all the groups and lay it out, but I don't teach 4th grade math anymore. lol.

RE

TDoS

Quote from: RE on May 02, 2024, 11:29 PMAll pro-Hamas are pro Palestine does not imply that all pro-Palestine are pro-Hamas.
Good thing I didn't say anything like that then.
Quote from: REDo you not understand set theory?
Do you not understand that reading things into what I write is setting up your own straw horse to beat?
Quote from: REHamas is a subset of Palestinians.
Same as the subsets in the group of "Americans", exactly as I already demonstrated I was quite well aware of. So my answer to your prior question is, "Did you not notice I have already proven I understand "set theory" just fine but you missed it in the rush to find the straw horse?

Quote from: REThe set of students who support Palestinians intersects with the set of pro-Palestinian people but not necessarily the set of pro Hamas.  I would draw the circles, but most 4th graders grasp this logic.  You must have missed it.
RE
The best response you've got is a VENN diagram? Have you forgotten what they are and couldn't just say the word? Now I'm worried, CAN you draw circles or did you just use the word "circle" because you forgot what a Venn diagram is?

TDoS

Quote from: K-Dog on May 03, 2024, 12:40 AMFourth graders don't troll either!  Nothing like a flaming non-sequitur to suck you in.  It almost got me too.  Bring out the Venn Diagarm.
Now we're talking about someone with an education! EE's can be counted on to know Venn diagrams. And they work just as well for Americans as they would for Palestinians, as I pointed out.

RE

Quote from: TDoS on May 03, 2024, 08:39 AMSame as the subsets in the group of "Americans"

The example of Americans is equally flawed.

Quote from: TdosNo different than support of Americans includes support of Americans who are MAGA, KKK members, white nationalists, black nationalists, neo-Nazi's American by birth, Doomers, etc etc

Support for America doesn't necessarily include MAGA, KKK etc.  It doesn't even mean you support Demodopes or Repugnants.  You can support America but not the Demodope party, or support it and not support Repugnants.  In fact that's probably true of almost all members of those parties.

Because the set of all Americans includes sets of people with ideas you don't agree with doesn't mean supporting Amerika is supporting every idea of everyone in Amerika.  That's patently impossible, since many people have mutually exclusive ideas.

You have a lot of problems with logic.  That explains a lot.

RE

TDoS

Quote from: RE on May 03, 2024, 12:18 PM
Quote from: TDoS on May 03, 2024, 08:39 AMSame as the subsets in the group of "Americans"

The example of Americans is equally flawed.
Really? So support of Americans isn't support of all Americans including MAGA folks and white nationalists and neo-Nazis and Libtards, etc etc?

Quote from: RE
Quote from: TdosNo different than support of Americans includes support of Americans who are MAGA, KKK members, white nationalists, black nationalists, neo-Nazi's American by birth, Doomers, etc etc
Support for America doesn't necessarily include MAGA, KKK etc.
Good thing I didn't say AMERICA then. I said AMERICANS. Was that an on purpose, or are you really sliding with age and lack of challenges around the home?
Quote from: REYou have a lot of problems with logic.  That explains a lot.
RE
And you don't know the difference between Americans and America. That explains it ALL. You feeling okay, or maybe are just tired or something?

RE

Quote from: TDoS on May 03, 2024, 08:15 PMReally? So support of Americans isn't support of all Americans including MAGA folks and white nationalists and neo-Nazis and Libtards, etc etc?

Nope.  It depends on context.  With respect to Palestinians, the context is support of their desire for self-rule  and an end to the occupation of Gaza.  The protests have express goals they support:

1- Divestiture by the Universities of investment in Israeli companies and arms manufacturers who supply the Israelis

2- A cease fire by both sides

3- Removal of Israeli Occupying forces from Gaza.

4- The creation of a separate Palestinian state with its own territory and goobermint

Nowhere in there is support of Hamas mentioned or implied.

QuoteAnd you don't know the difference between Americans and America.

The difference is one refers to the political state, the other refers to the individuals who by virtue of citizenship are members of that state.

Palestinians have no state, Palestine currently just refers to a geographic area which includes Israel.  So depending on context, "Palestinians" is used as a substitute for talking about nation-state level goals.  In the context of the demonstrations, when a sign says "We support the Patestinians", it's a short way of saying "We support Palestinians in their desire for Goals 1-4 as stated in the letter we sent to the University administration."

Trying to conflate Hamas into it is just pandering to fears of terrorism, just as calling the protests anti-semitic conflates racism into the debate.  A good newz agency tries to avoid doing that sort of thing, newz agencies which have an agenda to sway public opinion against the demonstrators add this stuff in on purpose.  In fact what they do is turn the whole debate into an argument about terrorism and racism, rather than about political independence and military occupation.

This is obvious to Diners, who are used to seeing political spin and propaganda techniques used in the media, not so obvious to the population at large.  It is no surprise you would write a headline to make this about Hamas rather than the actual goals stated by the demonstrators, since strawman arguments are a regular feature of trolling behavior.  Just in this case for a change you applied it to politics instead of Peak Oil.  Otherwise, it's just same shit, different day.

RE