It is not just Energy and it is not just Oil.  Human behavior is involved.
And stupidity will be dealt with accordingly.   

Main Menu

Follow the money, you know what is up

Started by K-Dog, Jan 21, 2026, 04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-Dog

The drive along the lake edge is something I'll never forget.  Been from Duluth to Grand Portage a few times.  Family trips growing up.  Before I saw the real thing, Lake Superior was the ocean.  Water under a full moon as far as the eye can see.  Mostly flat yes, but there is a point miles north of Duluth where the road rises on cliffs high enough where my young eyes could see the curvature of the earth.

TDoS

Quote from: K-Dog on Jan 21, 2026, 07:40 PMThe drive along the lake edge is something I'll never forget.  Been from Duluth to Grand Portage a few times.  Family trips growing up.  Before I saw the real thing, Lake Superior was the ocean.  Water under a full moon as far as the eye can see.  Mostly flat yes, but there is a point miles north of Duluth where the road rises on cliffs high enough where my young eyes could see the curvature of the earth.

I love the UP of Michigan. I discovered that a decade before I began roaming around any part of Minnesota. Stopped when I got to Eagle River....liked it so much I took my mother through it on a visit to see her stepson in Duluth.  I ended up in Minnesota the first time leaving from the Fort Peck Indian Reservation and running the US/Canadian border to International Falls. I liked its woods. Isn't there a Jolly Green Giant statue down in the southern end of the state along a big road? I thought that was cool when I found it randomly.

K-Dog


TDoS


K-Dog


TDoS

#5
Quote from: K-Dog on Jan 23, 2026, 08:39 PMI have traveled I-90 from Seattle to Chicago, but not since this statue was built.


I found it through sheer luck. Got off I-90 looking for a rest stop and there was this figurine a couple stories tall. Nice bathrooms.

My next road trip is Great Basin and Range NP and The Loneliest Highway in America. I've had a few bouts with weird infections in the past year, and I want to see the Redwoods again before I die. And the Grand Coulee Dam. Wouldn't mind doing the Alcan again either.