It is not just Energy and it is not just Oil.  Human behavior is involved.
And stupidity will be dealt with accordingly.   

Main Menu

Thoughts on food storage

Started by 18hammers, Jan 24, 2024, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nearings Fault

I still subscribe to the idea of a deep pantry and storing some basics that I use in bulk. I don't food prep much anymore just a large supply of what I actually use. I am surrounded by food though in a highly unpopulated area. Feed corn is in full silos, in season it is in fields growing, we are outnumbered at least 2 to one in cows, most people have chickens, many goats most have gardens. I have a history of paying for food in cash or in trade with a select group of close by people. I think when it comes down to it it's about community. If you have a relationship of trade you have more chance of someone trading with you in times of intense stress. I stockpile equipment and skills these days. As to the starving zombies I don't know if they would even show up here. I could totally see people without food showing up at government feeding stations and abandoning the land if they were promised food. Sort of a withdrawal to where services are still available as the circle contracts. What kinds of scenarios do you see on our horizon that see such a lightning fast degradation?
Cheers, NF