Read the newsletter The Collapse Chronicle 

Main Menu

Conventional Oil 101

Started by K-Dog, Feb 13, 2024, 02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-Dog

QuoteTo put all this in perspective, I contacted Jeffrey Brown, an independent petroleum geologist who has analyzed global net exports for the past 15 years.

I am shadow banned on You Tube and other places.  A targeted, cancelled individual.

If I watch a video and leave a comment below a You Tube Video everything looks fine (to me).  But if I use a VPN.  I discover I do not exist.  I am shadow banned.  So I flipped G. W. Bush the bird once.  What's the big deal.  He is a war criminal.  The shoe fit.

It seems Jeffrey Brown may have something in common with me.  He appears to have been disappeared.  Articles removed and only a title remains.  A Wikipedia Entry about his Export Land Model.  BUT HE IS NOT LISTED IN THE REFERENCES and references to the Wikipedia entry give dead links. 

Something happened.  I found a geologist in Fort Worth with the same name on Linked-In.  I sent him a note.  But that is odd too.  A name and picture, but no resume or details beyond 'geologist'.  Maybe being careful with this rabbit hole would be a good idea.


K-Dog

#1
I found this but have not watched it yet.  Scanning it is seems strange.  Graphs and slides but no human.  I will find out later.  I need to go outside.


And I found this ==>   To Understand The Oil Story, You Need To Understand Exports

A lot to chew on.

TDoS

Quote from: K-Dog on Apr 09, 2024, 11:46 AMThe article is over two years old (Oct 14, 2021) and is full of links.  Follow the link to the author for the original.  I am not in a mood to add links from a Forbes article.
Why a 2 year old article, or older even, the author of which skips their due diligence and uses a disreputable source who once tried selling the same idea for US disaster in 2006? Jeff Brown being that reference obviously.

I'd be more than happy to spot check some of these things for you, having done the research thing on these pretenders spannning nearly 34 years now who still linger. 10 seconds of time is all it took to see Jeff didn't know any more 2 years ago then he did 18 years ago.       

United State Produces More Oil Than Any Country. Ever.

Article from March 11, 2024. From the only folks not yet discredited in their peak oil estimate by what got everyone else from way back when....

More     


RE

Quote from: TDoS on Apr 17, 2024, 09:23 PM
Quote from: K-Dog on Apr 09, 2024, 11:46 AMThe article is over two years old (Oct 14, 2021) and is full of links.  Follow the link to the author for the original.  I am not in a mood to add links from a Forbes article.
Why a 2 year old article, or older even, the author of which skips their due diligence and uses a disreputable source who once tried selling the same idea for US disaster in 2006? Jeff Brown being that reference obviously.

I'd be more than happy to spot check some of these things for you, having done the research thing on these pretenders spannning nearly 34 years now who still linger. 10 seconds of time is all it took to see Jeff didn't know any more 2 years ago then he did 18 years ago.       


I knew we could count on you to come in with the counter arguments and evidence on your return to active duty.  :)   Welcome back.  Let's keep it civil, and those who wish to argue this topic may continue working over that poor deceased equine further.

RE

K-Dog

   
QuoteUnited State Produces More Oil Than Any Country. Ever.



More   

The Fall of Icarus

Together, they flew towards freedom, away from Crete. Icarus soon forgot his father's warnings and started flying higher and higher.  The wax wings started melting under the scorching sun. He fell into the sea and drowned.

Before the fall they never pumped More   


Ignoring resource depletion should be a criminal offense.  Why not?  Talking about it is. 

How much do you get paid TDOS?

TDoS

Quote from: RE on Apr 17, 2024, 10:30 PMI knew we could count on you to come in with the counter arguments and evidence on your return to active duty.
Would you reference a math text from 2 years ago that leads off with stating that as the author has proven 2+2=5 oreviously, then obviously 5+5=11?

I didn't need to make a counter argument. I simply presented the history 2 years after the article was written demonstrating that when Jeff Brown is involved, 2+2=5 is what folks have gotten in the past. At least twice now.







RE

Quote from: TDoS on Apr 18, 2024, 03:55 PMI simply presented the history 2 years after the article was written demonstrating that when Jeff Brown is involved, 2+2=5 is what folks have gotten in the past. At least twice now.

I didn't read anything about 2+2=5.  You'll need to drop the analogy and point out the actual math errors involved in his calculations if you want any credibility at all.

RE

TDoS

Quote from: K-Dog on Apr 18, 2024, 02:04 PMIgnoring resource depletion should be a criminal offense.  Why not?  Talking about it is.
I have been talking and writing about resource depletion professionally throughout a majority of this century. Never been charged for it yet.
Quote from: K-DogHow much do you get paid TDOS?
You were an EE and paid quite well, and RE has vouched for the value of your digs. 'Benz for you and the wife? Not bad.

I will offer that I am paid fairly for what I do. But never in my life owned a Benz, let alone two. So good for what your skills have brought you and yours, and I'm happy with what my skills provide for me and mine.

TDoS

Quote from: RE on Apr 18, 2024, 04:01 PM
Quote from: TDoS on Apr 18, 2024, 03:55 PMI simply presented the history 2 years after the article was written demonstrating that when Jeff Brown is involved, 2+2=5 is what folks have gotten in the past. At least twice now.

I didn't read anything about 2+2=5.
True. I converted Jeff's routine into an allegory....he says things...they were wrong....he says the same things again years later not having learned from his first time...and is wrong...again.


Quote from: REYou'll need to drop the analogy and point out the actual math errors involved in his calculations if you want any credibility at all.

I prefer allegory. This was his 2006 quote.

"As I said last year, I expect that by the end of 2006 we will be in the teeth of a ferocious net oil export crisis." Jeff Brown - April 5, 2006, 1:49PM.

I'm not sure he did much maths. And I certainly can't prove that the US suffered something ferocious in 2006 that didn't happen.


RE

Quote from: TDoS on Apr 18, 2024, 04:09 PMI have been talking and writing about resource depletion professionally throughout a majority of this century. Never been charged for it yet.

The century is only 24 years old.  You only need 13 years to have written for a majority of the century.  Most of us have achieved that milestone.  Not being charged with a crime doesn't mean you didn't commit one.  It can mean many things.  You weren't caught, it wasn't worth prosecuting, you paid off the DA, you live in a non-extradition country, you have diplomatic immunity, nobody cares...

RE

RE

Quote from: TDoS on Apr 18, 2024, 04:23 PM"As I said last year, I expect that by the end of 2006 we will be in the teeth of a ferocious net oil export crisis." Jeff Brown - April 5, 2006, 1:49PM.

Doesn't mean the analogy is accurate.  Just means his timeline is off.  2+2=5 is time independent, it's not one of the variables.

RE

K-Dog

#11
Quote from: RE on Apr 18, 2024, 04:54 PM
Quote from: TDoS on Apr 18, 2024, 04:23 PM"As I said last year, I expect that by the end of 2006 we will be in the teeth of a ferocious net oil export crisis." Jeff Brown - April 5, 2006, 1:49PM.

Doesn't mean the analogy is accurate.  Just means his timeline is off.  2+2=5 is time independent, it's not one of the variables.

RE

I'll throw my two cents in about Jeff Brown.  I sent him a message on Linked-In and have had no response.  We do not know anything about him or his work. Therefore I can make no conclusion about his character or if he is disreputable or not.

But TDOS knows all about him.

Quotethe author of which skips their due diligence and uses a disreputable source who once tried selling the same idea for US disaster in 2006? Jeff Brown being that reference obviously.

But if we had access to the files TDOS has, then we would know all about him too.  TDOS probably knows more than I do about my own asshole.  Did you ever hear about Jeff Brown or is just me that never has?

RE

Quote from: K-Dog on Apr 18, 2024, 10:55 PMYou could own a couple of used Benzi if you wanted to.

MIB buy Amerikan.  Black Cadillac Escalade.



RE

RE

Quote from: K-Dog on Apr 18, 2024, 11:24 PMHe probably know more than I do about my asshole too.

He definitely knows more about what I have written than I do.  He's got posts I made on Reddit 6 years ago catalogued, and from Peak Oil 15 years ago.  He's my personal Historian.  ;D

RE

K-Dog

Quote from: RE on Apr 18, 2024, 11:31 PM
Quote from: K-Dog on Apr 18, 2024, 10:55 PMYou could own a couple of used Benzi if you wanted to.

MIB buy Amerikan.  Black Cadillac Escalade.



RE

Yes, that would be more like it.