Read the newsletter The Collapse Chronicle 

Main Menu

Communications from the larger Doom-O-Sphere.

Started by K-Dog, Mar 31, 2024, 03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-Dog

Because the men in black can sell it to themselves for $479.  You can always sell something to yourself for lots of money.  As much money as you have.  When selling to yourself value is irrelevant.

TDoS

Quote from: K-Dog on Nov 15, 2025, 03:49 PMBecause the men in black can sell it to themselves for $479.

Well..sure. But it's for sale...so the MIB don't have it. They didn't take it away from RE. The domain wholesaler types did, someone drops a domain, they scoop it up on the cheap on the bet that someone will want it, or want it back.

I've got a high up IT buddy working for a international telecom, he once consulted for a company that downsized, didn't want to pay renewal fees on a dozen domains, let them lapse, changed their mind when a big contract came in, buddy went back to claim the dozen back, same thing happened. Wanted various $$ amounts, with the ones that had been used the most demanding higher buyback. No need for MIB to explain what is now normal economic activity ruining what was once a good idea (the internet).

Quote from: K-DogYou can always sell something to yourself for lots of money.  As much money as you have.  When selling to yourself value is irrelevant.

And when normal internet behavior related to buying/selling domains leads to the same result as happened to the Diner, what else you got for random GovCo malevolence?


K-Dog


You asked for an explanation,  I gave you one.




A better explanation would require a budget.

TDoS

Quote from: K-Dog on Nov 15, 2025, 07:31 PM
You asked for an explanation,  I gave you one.
A better explanation would require a budget.

You have certainly made a claim....but so did I....which relies on nothing but normal economic behavior on the part of a group that most closely resembles scalpers reselling concert tickets.

Occams Razer K-Dog.


RE


K-Dog

#5
Quote from: TDoS on Nov 16, 2025, 07:28 AM
Quote from: K-Dog on Nov 15, 2025, 07:31 PM
You asked for an explanation,  I gave you one.
A better explanation would require a budget.

You have certainly made a claim....but so did I....which relies on nothing but normal economic behavior on the part of a group that most closely resembles scalpers reselling concert tickets.

Occams Razer K-Dog.


And I'll make another claim that even if I am paranoid as you clearly imply, as long as there is Epstein data floating around somewhere. 






The Diner is reasonably safe from harassment.

A needle of straw in a Haystack T-Dos.

K-Dog

Quote from: RE on Nov 16, 2025, 10:18 AMDoomsteadDiner.com is still available @ $12.99/yr on Domains.com. 

https://www.secureserver.net/products/domain-registration/find/?domainToCheck=doomsteaddiner.com&plid=509568&itc=slp_rstore

RE
We are still savin up for a quad RTX 6000 setup on a server board with a terabyte of high speed ram. 

$899.99 for the board, the processor and ram bring the cost up to about $20,000 and the RTX 6000 cards would be another $35 K.  The Diner would have a 50K home with the capability to run a big boy LLM model at a very good token rate.  Oh yeah !

Too bad all the Billionaires are conservative assholes.

RE


TDoS

Quote from: RE on Nov 16, 2025, 10:18 AMDoomsteadDiner.com is still available @ $12.99/yr on Domains.com. 

The one I checked was the one you mentioned below. This was the one I noticed was higher priced than the others...like $400 or something.

Quote from: REActually,  I used DoomsteadDiner.net as my URL for most of the time the Diner was in operation.

When I checked the one you mentioned, there were another half dozen variations listed, and they were all normal cheap like the one you just listed.

TDoS

Quote from: RE on Nov 16, 2025, 11:11 AMI just bought doomsteadiner.com for 2 years. :)

RE

You should grab all the cheap ones, and when anyone else notices doom and whatnot, do the reseller routine and make a mint!

RE

DD.net is so expensive because of its history.  It had a lot of traffic for years.  That was my main URL.

RE

TDoS

Quote from: RE on Nov 16, 2025, 03:23 PMDD.net is so expensive because of its history.  It had a lot of traffic for years.  That was my main URL.

RE

I know. I quoted you saying about the same just a post or two back. Which is why my claim is that the internet domain scalpers  know this about your domain as well, compared to the other URLS of similar words as your main one, and therefore charge more for it in the hopes that the person it has value to comes back. And then you get scalped.

As I mentioned, an IT buddy had the same issue, except it occurred across about a dozen domains. They were used variously, let go because the owner didn't want to pay for them anymore, but the owner of the company was then pissed because when his new web people went to recollect them for a new project, the scalpers/domain controllers were charging real money.

It is just business. No mackiavellian requirement. I got my first and still only domain at the end of the last century. It won't be going anywhere soon.