Integration of the Doomstead with Dogchat is under construction.

Main Menu

Friends

Started by K-Dog, Apr 28, 2024, 10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-Dog

T-Bone is in Florida.

QuoteI decided to reupload this video. Despite the considerable time and effort put into it, it has garnered only four views—a number I believe should be much higher, at least in the double digits.

I want to help him get another view.  I don't want his spirit to get T-Boned.

RE

Quote from: K-Dog on Apr 28, 2024, 10:58 AMI want to help him get another view.  I don't want his spirit to get T-Boned.

Does he shoot his own video?  Very high production values.

As for the advice, I never really pay attention when people offer platitudes.  T-bone is a very sensitive guy.  Women love sensitive guys.  lol.

RE

K-Dog

Quote from: RE on Apr 28, 2024, 01:03 PM
Quote from: K-Dog on Apr 28, 2024, 10:58 AMI want to help him get another view.  I don't want his spirit to get T-Boned.

Does he shoot his own video?  Very high production values.

As for the advice, I never really pay attention when people offer platitudes.  T-bone is a very sensitive guy.  Women love sensitive guys.  lol.

RE
Some clips are original.  The original ones are good.  That is T-Bone on the motorcycle.  Some clips come from a website and T-Bone cuts and edits what he wants to use together.  I started doing a bit of this myself before I started my proletarian undercover work again, so I know how it is done.  I forgot which website has these types of clips, but a tutorial video turned me on to it, and other places to get material.  I'll guess T-Bone pays for the premium service.  I only used free clips.

This is no different than many You-Tube channels.  J P Chapman uses the same service for his videos at Second Thought.  I know because I have spotted clips from the same service.

I found J. P. a few years ago.  A young man with politics that appear the same as mine.  JP is also in Seattle too.  This video is not the greatest example of stock clip use because because of the variety of clips used to document precise historical facts.  But this is his most recent and worth a watch.

Other videos almost use a clip service exclusively.  It depends on the script and message.

Check this one out at three and a half minutes in.  JP is talking about a speech Eugene Debs once gave in Montana.  Stock clips are used to maintain interest.  JP picked clips of 'workers' which is what Debs was all about.

You write your script, and then pick clips to match your message.  I do the same thing when I write a post here.  I'll think of a picture that matches what I am writing about, and then I search for a picture that matches.

Sometimes I find a good match, sometimes I don't.

RE

Quote from: K-Dog on Apr 28, 2024, 10:11 PMYou write your script, and then pick clips to match your message.  I do the same thing when I write a post here.  I'll think of a picture that matches what I am writing about, and then I search for a picture that matches.

Yea, I did some of this with a few vids.  Surly put together the Russel "Texac" Bentley videos this way.  I'm too lazy, it's too much work. lol.  So I went back to just doing the talking head thing.  I've actually got about 10 new subscribers since I went back to it.  I haven't done one in over a month though.  Maybe I'll do one tomorrow on the college protests.

RE