It is not just Energy and it is not just Oil.  Human behavior is involved.
And stupidity will be dealt with accordingly.   

Main Menu

Drugs for the Doomstead

Started by 18hammers, Nov 16, 2023, 08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

18hammers

I thought I would start a thread different from my accident and the Kratom that was previously recommended to me......So I took my first hit of red Kratom minutes ago. I thought I was ready to try it, read up on it the types, dose size and such, then found a problem, I have a scale that I went to use but turns out I cant trust the damn thing. It has worked fine for measuring cooking ingredients but at the couple gram size it just isn't trust worthy, so I am just going by volume, started with a level teaspoon, will wait a hour then maybe bump up with 1/2 teaspoon more. Pain in that right foot is becoming a killer the more I walk on it, so I hope this stuff can become another tool for pain relief.
Since the accident I had to spend so much time healing that I started looking around on the net for other types of pain relief, (legal stuff only) I had not heard of Kratom until it was recommend to me so I thought maybe there are other products as well and sure enough I have been able to find a few other things that I am going to order in and try. (side note, just noticed my foot is not throbbing like it was when I started this post). Even if this Kratom works for me I would like more options outside doctor prescribed items. So expect me to post further on my findings as I test them out.

18hammers

Back to add, it is roughly 1 hr 45 minutes since my first hit of Red Kratom, a dose I estimate at 2 grams.The throbbing in my right foot backed off quite well, still had some pain in the toes though, those toes were bent so far backward by the tree I don't know how they did not break off. So I just took another level teaspoon hit of Kratom again, will see if It gives further benefit. That will be all I take for this experiment. Time for bed now.

RE

This stuff is advertised on TV all the time for joint pain relief.

https://www.omegaxl.com/

I have never tried it so I can't tell you if it works.  Plenty of testimonials on the website though.

RE

18hammers

Quote from: RE on Nov 16, 2023, 10:57 PMThis stuff is advertised on TV all the time for joint pain relief.

https://www.omegaxl.com/

I have never tried it so I can't tell you if it works.  Plenty of testimonials on the website though.

RE

Thanks, I will read up on it.

18hammers

2nd night trying red Kratom, dose estimate 4 grams last night, 4 grams just taken tonight, but will bump up 1 more gram in a hour for effect. Unless I am fooling myself, I have to say this stuff has some effect. Pain reduction for sure. I believe I was still benefiting from pain reduction through the next day.
 I noticed slight body loading for a couple hours after ingestion, maybe mental sharpness is diminished which is fine with me for before bed. I ordered in Red, green and white Kratom. Lots of learning to do but I don't think I will report further on my findings ( with Kratom) here just because the effects of Kratom can be found on forums just for Kratom.
 I just want to say it looks like this can be a effective tool for pain management. At the end of the month I will be ordering in a couple other items, legal in Canada but not in the USA. I noticed Kratom is illegal in some of your US states, too bad.

RE

For all you Doomers who believe in the magical properties of Ganja to cure all human maladies, there is a Pain Relief Cream made from the multi-purpose Hemp plant.

https://hempvana.com/

RE

18hammers

Ok, I said I would not comment further on Kratom here just because you can read of it's effects elsewhere. I am making this one exception. I took one more gram last night bringing my dose to 5 grams, I remember coming back down stairs, letting the dogs out then back in, I sat down and next thing I know it is 2.5 hours later, I had fallen into a deep sleep, still sitting upright, head down, with my chin on my chest! WOW.  I think I found my MAX dose, will back it down. Not even groggy in the morning.

K-Dog

I don't understand the logic.  ???  'You can read about its effects elsewhere.'

This is a forum where your personal experience is VALUABLE.

Last time I tried Kratom I got sick to my stomach and the 'effects' were minimal.

Rumor has it that K-Dog is a pothead.

The dogs are OK ?

* You and Moniker each have modified Default Avatars now.  If you go to your profile page and then select 'Forum Profile' on the 'Forum Profile' dropdown.  (yes you read that right) you are on a page where you can modify default Avatars. 

There is a new radio button in the list; Customize default avatar'.  This radio button exists ONLY AT THE DOOMSTEAD DINER.  Because I wrote the code for it is why. 

I will publish 'the plugin' at the SMF Forum Website and suggest people come here to see the results.  Play with the color options, but don't forget to click the 'SAVE AVATAR' button or your changes won't save to your profile.  You can have one or two characters in the circle.

I will polish the color selections before another forum gets to have 'default avatars'.  So what we have here will become version 1.1 soon, because of course it comes here first.

18hammers

Quote from: K-Dog on Nov 18, 2023, 01:37 PMI don't understand the logic.  ???  'You can read about its effects elsewhere.'

My logic is this, My personal experience may be valuable but I am a sample size of one, a new user at that, thus just an anecdotal account of very limited value. Considering this is a drug it is better to get ideas about the product from a broader consensus of experienced users.

18hammers

Quote from: K-Dog on Nov 18, 2023, 01:37 PMI   

There is a new radio button in the list; Customize default avatar'.  This radio button exists ONLY AT THE DOOMSTEAD DINER.  Because I wrote the code for it is why. 

I will publish 'the plugin' at the SMF Forum Website and suggest people come here to see the results.  Play with the color options, but don't forget to click the 'SAVE AVATAR' button or your changes won't save to your profile.  You can have one or two characters in the circle.

I will polish the color selections before another forum gets to have 'default avatars'.  So what we have here will become version 1.1 soon, because of course it comes here first.
I tried putting up a avatar picture and like other pictures I tried to post they don't go through, I believe file size to large.

K-Dog

File sizes matter.  I found the function that SMF (what we have) uses when it loads an Avatar and I use the same function.  In the process I discovered that our Avatar settings made Avatars 65 by 65 pixels wide and I changed the setting to 72 x 72.

That made old Avatars lower in resolution so I rebuilt RE's Avatar from an original photo, made is square and gave it a background color.  That was no problem.  Surly1's avatar was also a bit funky from the change so I rebuilt it from the original Banksy photo which is a few thousand pixels wide.  The function choked.

I scaled the image down to 1000 pixels by 1000 pixels, but still had a problem.  500 x 500 worked fine.

It is easy to change the resolution of a photo online.  Find a place and scale the image you like to a 500 x 500 pixel square.  Download it and When you load it up to the forum software it should convert to 72 x 72.

In time I plan on improving photo upload and such.  I only realized I had the skills to customize this place not so long ago.  I had the idea that it was too complicated and avoided the idea.  I was wrong.  Working on my own website gave me the skills.  I was able to add my custom avatar function to a code file that was over 3000 lines long without fucking things up! 

The total length of the code base for this place is between 100,000 and 300,000 lines of code.  Messing with it requires a bit of attention to detail and when I first started I was to too quick to make 'a small change' and loaded up a file without testing it on my local copy of the software first.

We had a 'white screen' for a few hours.  I am more careful now. 

Periodically I back up the website.  I could have it done once a day but that would cost a couple of bucks a month so I just do it when I make a significant change.

18hammers

Quote from: Knarf on Nov 21, 2023, 05:08 AM
Quote from: 18hammers on Nov 18, 2023, 07:16 PM
Quote from: K-Dog on Nov 18, 2023, 01:37 PMI don't understand the logic.  ???  'You can read about its effects elsewhere.'

I will join if I have any questions, right now I am just reading the different threads of interest.
My logic is this, My personal experience may be valuable but I am a sample size of one, a new user at that, thus just an anecdotal account of very limited value. Considering this is a drug it is better to get ideas about the product from a broader consensus of experienced users.

I am glad you are giving Kratom a try. There is little doubt that it has therapeutic value to most people who use it. You are correct that there are testimonials all over the internet. Reddit, Tik-Tok, Twitter/X, and bunches of web sites. I don't trust other people's "way" of using it, I experiment with low doses and increase it until I feel some relief. I think it might help as a supplement also...it builds a certain relief over time that becomes part of our "pain" management system. I have about a 50% reduction even while between long pauses in taking a dose.

I suggest you join the Double M Botanical forum. There are hundreds of users there who are devoted to finding, and buying very good, unadulterated Kratom. They have vendors lists, discussions on how to take it, and you can ask questions about your experiences and be sure you will get an honest reply. It is heavily moderated so that profiteers are banned. I got most of my info from this forum. At least give it a look over. I am wishing you the very best.

https://www.doublemherbals.com/

18hammers

Here is the name of two drugs legal in Canada. My intended use for these is as a sleeping aid , and pain relief for before bed. The first is Rilmazafone Blotters (1mg). I checked and as best I can determine legal in the USA. The second is Nitromethaqualone, absolutely not legal in the USA but is in Canada. It breaks down in the body to become what was called a quaalude. A central nervous system depressant. These are sold for research purposes in Canada, I will be using them for that purpose.

18hammers

My other drugs arrived, I am thinking this  Nitromethaqualone may come in handy for veterinary use. Like clock work once every couple years one of my dogs gets in a quarrel with a porcupine. I try to handle it myself and my Lab is quite cooperative, but my other dog I suspect would rip my face off. Now I can sedate him a bit. You would think dogs would learn but it is not so.

18hammers

So this Nitromethaqualone has been proven to not be for me, very powerful stuff but has pro-convulsant effects at or dangerously close to doses which might otherwise give therapeutic benefit. So this drug will be reserved for vet use only. The Rilmazafone has been a winner though, If I have taken it before bed and the dogs get me up in the night, as they do, after letting them back in the house I fall right back asleep again. Now experimenting with another drug as a sleeping aid, Bretazenil. Jury is still out on this one.