Integration of the Doomstead with Dogchat is under construction.

Main Menu

Memory Lane with Tdos

Started by RE, May 21, 2024, 07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RE

Quote from: TDoS on May 21, 2024, 07:07 PMCertainly you and Haniel are the last to be able to claim I am a anonymous troll. No one else ever took the effort to track me down via my traveling and IP geolocating. And it is 19 years this November 29th.

You're anonymous until you make a post with your real identity.  Since you didn't even identify yourself to me when you met me in person, you're anonymous to me also.  What we dug up on the internet is just circumstantial.

RE

TDoS

Quote from: RE on May 21, 2024, 07:52 PMYou're anonymous until you make a post with your real identity.
Well, under those rules then yes, I would qualify as anonymous. But not in reality, at least not to you and Haniel.
Quote from: REWhat we dug up on the internet is just circumstantial.
An after the fact claim. It certainly isn't what you claimed in the moment at all, instead trumpeting it from the rooftops and handing around professional work that doesn't qualify under the "post with your own identity rule".

Out of curiosity, neither you nor K-Dog post under your real identity, why is that a requirement only for me to be taken seriously?

TDoS

Quote from: RE on May 21, 2024, 06:01 PMDon't need clues.  The sheer volume demonstrates it in any context.  Why is irrelevant.
RE
You do need clues. Volume is naught but a part of the method of investigation, a necessary evil to achieve a proper sample size. Without understanding the why, you understand nothing.

RE

Quote from: TDoS on May 21, 2024, 09:25 PMOut of curiosity, neither you nor K-Dog post under your real identity, why is that a requirement only for me to be taken seriously?

I have in the past.  You only have to do it once.

RE

RE

Quote from: TDoS on May 21, 2024, 09:34 PM
Quote from: RE on May 21, 2024, 06:01 PMDon't need clues.  The sheer volume demonstrates it in any context.  Why is irrelevant.
RE
You do need clues. Volume is naught but a part of the method of investigation, a necessary evil to achieve a proper sample size. Without understanding the why, you understand nothing.

The investigation itself is the evidence.  Why you investigate is irrelevant.

RE

K-Dog

Quote from: K-Dog on May 22, 2024, 10:46 AM
Quote from: TDoS on May 21, 2024, 09:25 PM
Quote from: RE on May 21, 2024, 07:52 PMYou're anonymous until you make a post with your real identity.
Well, under those rules then yes, I would qualify as anonymous. But not in reality, at least not to you and Haniel.
Quote from: REWhat we dug up on the internet is just circumstantial.
An after the fact claim. It certainly isn't what you claimed in the moment at all, instead trumpeting it from the rooftops and handing around professional work that doesn't qualify under the "post with your own identity rule".

Out of curiosity, neither you nor K-Dog post under your real identity, why is that a requirement only for me to be taken seriously?

Open the main page by clicking on the globe.  in the upper corner float your mouse over the dog pic and watch me appear.  Click it.  Sam Mitchel introduces me by my real name.  RE was also interviewed by Sam.  I assume he also gave his name, but I could give a fuck since RE and I are friends who meet in real life when we can.

You however are a mystery man.

TDoS

Quote from: RE on May 22, 2024, 12:08 AM
Quote from: TDoS on May 21, 2024, 09:25 PMOut of curiosity, neither you nor K-Dog post under your real identity, why is that a requirement only for me to be taken seriously?
I have in the past.
Really? Any of your sites, or some of the old ones you hung out at that weren't yours? I certainly don't recall seeing your name, but I only spotted you like 17 years ago. The alt.forums were up and running before that, but I wasn't watching doomer stuff prior to 2005.

Quote from: REYou only have to do it once.
RE
You must mean my name on one of these forums, because otherwise I put my name on everything I do.  How'd you find my name in the first place, if I didn't put my name on all sorts of stuff online.

TDoS

Quote from: RE on May 22, 2024, 12:10 AMThe investigation itself is the evidence. 
Of being a troll? That's what trolls do you figure...begin multi-decade investigations to answer interesting questions? You have WAY too high of an opinion of trolls.

TDoS

Quote from: K-Dog on May 22, 2024, 10:47 AMYou however are a mystery man.
You never once asked RE who I was?

To be honest I don't remember whether or not you were around the Diner when Haniel and RE teamed up to use my IPs as I traveled to conferences to then scan and cross reference the conference attendee lists to figure out who I was. Surly even posted a picture, if memory serves. He was generally unhappy with me at all points in time.

RE

Quote from: TDoS on May 22, 2024, 02:58 PM
Quote from: RE on May 22, 2024, 12:08 AM

You're the only one claiming to be a world class expert.

QuoteI have in the past.
Really? Any of your sites, or some of the old ones you hung out at that weren't yours? I certainly don't recall seeing your name, but I only spotted you like 17 years ago. The alt.forums were up and running before that, but I wasn't watching doomer stuff prior to 2005.

The original Diner SMF that was on A Small Orange.  You also could have got it while I had the Doomsteaddiner.net and .com URLs.  Ownership of thee URLs is public record.  It wasn't hidden.  Also on this site.

Quote from: RE
QuoteYou only have to do it once.
RE
You must mean my name on one of these forums, because otherwise I put my name on everything I do.  How'd you find my name in the first place, if I didn't put my name on all sorts of stuff online.

I mean on the Diner forum.

RE

RE

Quote from: TDoS on May 22, 2024, 03:01 PM
Quote from: RE on May 22, 2024, 12:10 AMThe investigation itself is the evidence. 
Of being a troll? That's what trolls do you figure...begin multi-decade investigations to answer interesting questions? You have WAY too high of an opinion of trolls.

The altitude of my opinion of trolls is irrelevant.

RE

RE

Quote from: TDoS on May 22, 2024, 03:14 PMTo be honest I don't remember whether or not you were around the Diner when Haniel and RE teamed up to use my IPs as I traveled to conferences to then scan and cross reference the conference attendee lists to figure out who I was. Surly even posted a picture, if memory serves. He was generally unhappy with me at all points in time.

Not quite correct.  That's how Haniel did it.  I did it separately and independently.  It was around the time youu were making one of your career moves.  I turned up a CV published I think it was on LinkedIn that matched some of the tidbits of your life history that you occassionally dropped on the old Diner.  Papers published under that name were in the right field of study.  The name was the same as the one Haniel had turned up tracing IP addys from conferences you were attending.  So it seemed like a high probability.  Still circumstantial evidence though.

RE

TDoS

Quote from: RE
Quote from: TDoSReally? Any of your sites?
The original Diner SMF that was on A Small Orange.  You also could have got it while I had the Doomsteaddiner.net and .com URLs.
I don't recall you using your name back on the original diner, but I can't vouch for my recollection at that level of detail back then when you were just one among many.

Quote from: REOwnership of thee URLs is public record.  It wasn't hidden.  Also on this site.
And on the SUN Foundation tax filings. And my name is on my registered domains as well. You didn't mention owning a domain in one's name as proof of sufficient ID though. Posting under one's name on the forum was the criteria.

TDoS

Quote from: RE on May 22, 2024, 07:11 PMThe altitude of my opinion of trolls is irrelevant.
RE
We agree! I don't judge trolls by the footage above MSL they live at either!

TDoS

Quote from: RE on May 22, 2024, 07:43 PM
Quote from: TDoS on May 22, 2024, 03:14 PMTo be honest I don't remember whether or not you were around the Diner.......
Not quite correct.  That's how Haniel did it.  I did it separately and independently.It was around the time youu were making one of your career moves.  I turned up a CV published I think it was on LinkedIn that matched some of the tidbits of your life history that you occassionally dropped on the old Diner.  Papers published under that name were in the right field of study.  The name was the same as the one Haniel had turned up tracing IP addys from conferences you were attending.  So it seemed like a high probability.  Still circumstantial evidence though.
RE
I didn't confirm your suspicions by visiting you in South Carolina?