It is not just Energy and it is not just Oil.  Human behavior is involved.
And stupidity will be dealt with accordingly.   

Main Menu

Memory Lane with Tdos

Started by RE, May 21, 2024, 07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RE

Quote from: TDoS on May 22, 2024, 07:55 PM
Quote from: RE on May 22, 2024, 07:43 PM
Quote from: TDoS on May 22, 2024, 03:14 PMTo be honest I don't remember whether or not you were around the Diner.......
Not quite correct.  That's how Haniel did it.  I did it separately and independently.It was around the time youu were making one of your career moves.  I turned up a CV published I think it was on LinkedIn that matched some of the tidbits of your life history that you occassionally dropped on the old Diner.  Papers published under that name were in the right field of study.  The name was the same as the one Haniel had turned up tracing IP addys from conferences you were attending.  So it seemed like a high probability.  Still circumstantial evidence though.
RE
I didn't confirm your suspicions by visiting you in South Carolina?

I don't recall that visit.  You didn't identify yourself.  You've never confirmed or denied it.

RE

RE

Quote from: TDoS on May 22, 2024, 07:45 PM
Quote from: RE
Quote from: TDoSReally? Any of your sites?
The original Diner SMF that was on A Small Orange.  You also could have got it while I had the Doomsteaddiner.net and .com URLs.
I don't recall you using your name back on the original diner, but I can't vouch for my recollection at that level of detail back then when you were just one among many.

Quote from: REOwnership of thee URLs is public record.  It wasn't hidden.  Also on this site.
And on the SUN Foundation tax filings. And my name is on my registered domains as well. You didn't mention owning a domain in one's name as proof of sufficient ID though. Posting under one's name on the forum was the criteria.

You've never mentioned owning domains.  What are they?

RE

TDoS

Quote from: RE on May 22, 2024, 08:00 PM
Quote from: TDoS on May 22, 2024, 07:55 PMI didn't confirm your suspicions by visiting you in South Carolina?
I don't recall that visit. 
Really? There you were, dressed all in black, showing off the EV scooters. Easy to spot from your photos. Didn't think it would be any different for you when I showed up. While I was standing there listening to your sales pitch, a young lad came up and asked you about one, you did a little zip around the tarmac, he wandered off. Surly and Monsta were hanging under the sunshade, John was doing something with bamboo, I collected the materials that Wendy was passing out while you were doing a little more scooter selling. We had a nice conversation, I let you do most of the conversation of course. A chubby guy, taller than you, white beard, quite willing to listen while you were talking?

Well, we are all getting older and aren't the young and more capable men we once were perhaps.

Quote from: REYou didn't identify yourself.
Of course not. Neither did you. Surly had already posted my picture by then on your website. I knew you from your picture, didn't figure it would be different with you. 

Quote from: REYou've never confirmed or denied it.

Quite true. Didn't figure I needed to. It was a big party weekend, wasn't it? Alcohol all around if I recall, wasn't there a good time had by local political types the night before? I remember the video you posted of scootering around the lake while loaded, getting bounced off of it?

I'll bet the whole weekend was memoriable...but not necessarily remembered very well, if you know what I mean.

RE

Is there a point to this trip down memory lane?

This has nothing to do with Privatization, so I'll split it off to a new thread.

When you have something on topic to contribute, feel free to add it.  Wasting our time with nostalgia will get you another cooler trip.

RE

TDoS

Quote from: RE on May 22, 2024, 08:02 PMYou've never mentioned owning domains.  What are they?
RE
Owning domains in todays world is as trivial as owning socks, why would I mention them? Or socks?

But hey, clever question! Almost got me! Rather than giving you those why don't I just type out my address, home and work phones, maybe social security number and throw in a couple bank accounts to top it off?  :)

TDoS

Quote from: RE on May 22, 2024, 08:30 PMIs there a point to this trip down memory lane?
Thank you for confirming you know who I am. Now you can tell K-Dog so he doesn't think I'm a mystery man.

RE

I did not confirm that.  I confirmed Haniel and I investigated who you might be.

RE

RE

Quote from: TDoS on May 22, 2024, 08:30 PMBut hey, clever question! Almost got me! Rather than giving you those why don't I just type out my address, home and work phones, maybe social security number and throw in a couple bank accounts to top it off?  :)

That would be sufficient.

RE

TDoS

Quote from: TDoSTo be honest I don't remember whether or not you were around the Diner when Haniel and RE teamed up to use my IPs as I traveled to conferences to then scan and cross reference the conference attendee lists to figure out who I was.

RE
That's how Haniel did it.  I did it separately and independently.  It was around the time you were making one of your career moves.  I turned up a CV published I think it was on LinkedIn that matched some of the tidbits of your life history that you occassionally dropped on the old Diner.  Papers published under that name were in the right field of study.  The name was the same as the one Haniel had turned up tracing IP addys from conferences you were attending.

So K-Dog, RE can tell you about MY career moves, MY life history already discussed, and the name he and Haniel tracked down by technical means, by tracing my travels here and there. Very Men In Black like, don't you think? Then I won't be a mystery man.

And like I said RE...thanks for confirming you know who I am.

RE

Quote from: TDoS on May 23, 2024, 03:37 PMAnd like I said RE...thanks for confirming you know who I am.

I haven't confirmed that.  I told Kdog quite some time back that we had researched it, but you never confirmed it.  If you are confirming it now, then yes I know who you are?  Is this a confirmation?

RE

TDoS

QuoteAnd like I said RE...thanks for confirming you know who I am.

I haven't confirmed that.  I told Kdog quite some time back that we had researched it, but you never confirmed it.

I provided your quote for reference for a reason. The pertinent part is...
QuoteI did it separately and independently.  It was around the time you were making one of your career moves.  I turned up a CV published I think it was on LinkedIn that matched some of the tidbits of your life history that you occassionally dropped on the old Diner.

So there you are, assigning all of this to ME. You found what you were looking for, confirmed it with Haniel, and were confident enough to then hand out papers and research to others and Surly was happily posting pictures.

And you certainly never said "oh goodness, I know who he is, and that isn't him!". Not a once.
Quote from: TDoSIf you are confirming it now, then yes I know who you are?  Is this a confirmation?
RE
Of course not. Stopping in to see you was expected to be the confirmation. According to you your memory is now so bad you can barely recall the amount of time we talked, what we talked about, how long I spent with Wendy, all the brochures I collected, your explanation of why the scooters could be useful, none of it. Can't even remember how long I was there engaging with you.

Don't feel bad about not remembering, we all get older, and you've had it hard with the medical stuff and all.

RE

Quote from: TDoS on May 23, 2024, 09:48 PMDon't feel bad about not remembering, we all get older, and you've had it hard with the medical stuff and all.

I don't feel bad. I met so many people that day I don't remember any of them.  I don't remember all the faces, I definitely don't remember one that looks like online photos , so since you didn't identify yourself or hand out a biz card, why would I remember?  If it was supposed to be confirmation, I would have said, "Hey, I recognize you!".  Definitely did not discuss geochemistry or fracking with anybody though, that might have rung a bell.

RE

K-Dog

I should care about any of this why?

RE

Quote from: K-Dog on May 24, 2024, 11:14 AMI should care about any of this why?

No idea.  It's clearly important to Tdos though.

RE