Read the newsletter The Collapse Chronicle 

Main Menu

Comm Tech

Started by K-Dog, Dec 25, 2023, 01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-Dog

Sometimes RE and I discuss doing a video show.  If we get to a few hundred visits a day I can see doing it.  Then we would get money to pay for it.

The Environmental Coffeehouse played through Ecamm  I tried to join the show but there were Audio Problems.  The video was not done through You-Tube.  Ecamm hosted it and when Sandy tried combining it with You-Tube there were problems.

I'm posting this so we have a reference to the software.

Here is the You=Tube that was posted later.  In which I appear sans audio.  Being a fool.

RE

Actually, I think it would work better the other way round.  If we start  producing videos first, that will bring our readership base up here. I still have 443 subscribers to my YouTube channel, despite the fact I haven't produced a new video in a couple of years.  I still get periodic comments to old videos.

I suggest producing a video to premier on January 1st.  I'll host a Collapse Chat one night this week on Skype and upload it to the channel on the 1st.  Anybody who would like to participate let me know in this thread what day would work best for you.  All you need is a working webcam and a Skype account.

We can chat about the old days, the latest developments and the usual predictions for the upcoming year in collapse.

I'll set the limit of participants at 4 people.  More than that gets too cluttered.  1st come, first serve.

RE

RE

This is the last chance to schedule a New Year Collapse discussion for tomorrow or Saturday.  So far not ONE of the other current Diners chatting here has stepped up to the plate to join me and review where we have been, where we are and where we are going in the Collapse of Industrial Civilization.

Can't say I'm surprised, this has been the typical behavior I have observed from this group of doomers.  Fear of being identified, fear of public speaking, lack of a webcam or feeling technically incompetent...all are reasons I've been given in the past when I have tried to organize up these chats.

I understand the psychology at work, it just irks me because at the same time just about all the Diners profess the desire to see more people informed about collapse in a real way, rather than with either apocalyptic visions or with hopium filled technological solutions.  That's what people get either from the MSM or the majority of YouTubers, so if we don't provide a real view of the siruation, who will?

So, there's still time for 1-3 of you guys to exchange your panties for a ball hammock and grow a pair!   I'm available 24/7, just give me a time and let's get out there and speak truth to power!

Do you get a pair of these

or a pair of these next Christmas from Santa?

RE

Johnny

I have been so busy adding features to this place I did not even put up my Christmas decorations this year.  This is of course K-Dog who had to add a user and make a post to see if this user can send a dogchat alert.  To myself.  A test.  A post being required to use dogchat.

TDoS

Quote from: RE on Dec 25, 2023, 08:50 PMI suggest producing a video to premier on January 1st.  I'll host a Collapse Chat one night this week on Skype and upload it to the channel on the 1st.  Anybody who would like to participate let me know in this thread what day would work best for you.  All you need is a working webcam and a Skype account.

RE
Sounds interesting...but does anyone even USE Skype nowadays? It seems like Facetime and Teams is everywhere, I haven't used Skype for like....5 years? 8?

RE

Quote from: TDoS on Dec 28, 2023, 04:53 PMSounds interesting...but does anyone even USE Skype nowadays? It seems like Facetime and Teams is everywhere, I haven't used Skype for like....5 years? 8?

Anything remotely connected to Facepalm smells like puke to me.  I don't use their products.  Far as meeting products are concerned Zoom is OK, but Skype is very flexible.  I can even call people on a land line to join the chat, albeit without video from their end.  It's EZ to use and does everything I need with no software apps, works on smartphones and tablets, so why do I need to change products?  Because you like Facepalm?  When something works for me, I don't drop it just because everybody else goes to the latest product.

RE

RE

The clock is ticking down.

I am online right now and will chat with the first Diner to Skype me.

My user name on Skype is Gymnopolis.

RE

RE

Quote from: RE on Dec 29, 2023, 10:05 AMThe clock is ticking down.

I am online right now and will chat with the first Diner to Skype me.

My user name on Skype is Gymnopolis.

RE

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock

RE