Figure out how to live in the worst-case. 
Or play Rambo in the woods, and max out your privilege. 

Your thoughts?

Main Menu

Google Newz Crash

Started by RE, May 31, 2024, 12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RE

Earlier this morning my Google Newz pages went down for a pretty significant time frame, a couple of hours at least.  This crash apparently affected millions of users globally.  There's still no explanation from Google on what caused the outage.

Anybody else suffering a system wide crash doesn't surprise me, even the CIA or NSA losing their site for a few hours would only get a shrug of my shoulders.  However, for King Google to get taken out is quite an accomplishment for the hackers who pulled it off, unless it was not hackers but some internal issue which is even more surprising.

The fact that several hours later they still haven't even given it a general cause makes it even more suspicious.  It didn't seem like a DNS attack.  It wasn't localized and happened simultaneously on all continents.  Google needless to say has a LOT of servers and a lot of redundancy, so I'm really curious how this was pulled off.  Wanna speculate on this Dog?

https://www.tomsguide.com/computing/mobile-apps/google-news-goes-down-for-millions-of-users-worldwide-in-mysterious-outage

Google News was down for many earlier: here's what you need to know

RE

K-Dog