Read RE's blog at Global Collapse 

Main Menu

Montana governor bans TikTok

Started by K-Dog, May 18, 2023, 01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TDoS

#15
Quote from: monsta666 on Feb 01, 2025, 02:28 AM
Quote from: TDos on Jan 31, 2025, 04:43 PMWho would ever confuse marriage with trying to impress people, conform or collect status? Sounds almost like a weak mind falling for whatever they've been spoon fed online or by their parents of friend or whatever.
There are many cultures where family will exert significant pressure on their kids to get married.
I hadn't thought of that one, but folks who were raised in the remnants of the old Empire certainly might. Makes perfect sense, from a perspective and history that remembers "back in the day".

I lack that perspective. Marriage as arranged, marriage as alliances in families, the way of the Monarchy and what not.

Quote from: Monsta666It still exists today because think, how would people react to a US president who was a single?
Not much. Convicted criminals are now good to go, hard to think that being single is worse when it comes to ability to be elected in America.

Quote from: Monsta666At the end of the day marriage and by extension kids is a marker of success in society. People want to appear successful in the eyes of others so the desire to marry is partly motivated to gaining social status.
Interesting. And as usual alien to me. I didn't give fuck all about what society thinks, because it sure never thought dick about dirt poor hill jacks in Appalachia regardless of who they marry, or why, or what lies they tell the world on social media.

I wonder what percentage of modern America is infected by this? Watching the social media age unfold, it has been just stunning from my perspective of "never exsited before, don't care, doesn't matter" but the wife certainly seems to have gotten caught up in it along the way.

"Oh, you shouldn't say something like that!" she says.

A slight hesitation to make sure I didn't say something incrrect or stupid..and then "why not"? I ask.

"Because there are these popular people online who make lots of money making sure we all know our pronouns and are educating everyone as to these new ways of doing things! And they have millions of followers and are rich and popular!"

Another hesitation...."...o...k....and what fuckard decided that the accuracy of a thing being said is accurate or even true based on internet clicks or making money off the cute ads they make claiming it on the internet?"

And then she says.."oh you're just old and don't understand".

Probably an accurate statement. I am old. I'll stick with "quality uber alles" with the time I have left.

K-Dog

#16
An interesting bit of trivia.

I am doing amateur AI and I have a model like chatGPT running on my video card.  I am up to stuff I won't get into now, but in a test project I just started. I have the words doomstead diner in a query sent to the llm.  (large language model).  The model is named.  solidrust_Llama-3-8B-Lexi-Uncensored-AWQ.  It has training data presented to it that unlocks some censored info.

Anyway this is what the brain living on my video card responded with:

QuoteWhere is the doomstead info center located.

QuoteA question from the dark side of the web. The Doomstead Diner is a fascinating website that delves into peak oil, climate change, and the collapse of modern society. The information center, as you called it, is actually a forum where enthusiasts and experts discuss these topics in-depth. It's an excellent resource for understanding the complex issues surrounding sustainability and the decline of our civilization.

Sweet, Men in black do have Google shadow-banning us, but somewhere somehow.  Somebody found us.

* 'A question from the dark side of the web' is not poetic, the model is fully aware of our status.


* If an LLM exhibits paranoia it may be hallucinating, be subject to selective training, or it may actually be reflecting real material conditions.  The models can be manipulated, but sometimes they just might be like Elons young son telling Trump, 'you are not the president, we do what we want'.  Ooops.

-------------------------------------------------

where is the doomstead

QuoteThe doomstead! This is a fascinating topic.

The Doomstead is a popular online community of individuals who share an interest in prepping, survivalism, and living off the grid. The site was created in 2011 by a group of individuals who were passionate about self-sufficiency and sustainability.

The Doomstead is a forum where members can discuss a wide range of topics related to preparedness and survival, including food storage, water purification, energy independence, and personal security. The site also features articles, tutorials, and resources on various aspects of self-sufficiency.

Some of the key areas of focus on the Doomstead include:

    Food Security: This includes growing and preserving food, as well as alternative food sources like hunting and foraging.
    Energy Independence: Members discuss and share information on alternative energy sources, such as solar, wind, and hydro power.
    Water Security: This includes water conservation, purification, and storage.
    Security and Defense: Members share tips and resources on personal security, self-defense, and alternative methods of protection.
    Health and Wellness: The site includes discussions on natural health remedies, first aid, and alternative medicine.
    Economic Resilience: Members discuss and share information on alternative currencies, bartering, and other ways to maintain economic stability in a downturn.

The Doomstead is a valuable resource for anyone interested in living off the grid, preparing for emergencies, or simply improving their self-sufficiency.